Hornet's 150 gal Ocean

That dogs saying "Let me back in the house,its cold out here":D

Exactly, I was still cleaning off my truck and she was sitting on the steps like, "come on,man I'm not supposed to be outside"

Any more opinions on what to do with the fuge area?

Tanks moving along great. UPS man has been busy this week. I got my light fixture, bulbs, and some more dry rock. I've got all the rock and sand in the tank. I also put 6" of sand in the fuge along with some cheato I got from the guy that sold me the live rock.

I'm pretty excited I'll take some pictures of my first shot at aquascaping and post tomorrow.

Here ya go, a couple of crappy shots of my tank. I've gotta work on my photography skills but I can play with that later on down the road. I had a ledge going between the two mounds but took it down. I though it looked to much like a rock wall and I'm trying to stay away from that. I've identified a few pieces I want to move around but I'll look at what I have for a few more days before making a change. All comments good or bad are welcome.

DSC_0880_640x426.jpg

Can you guys tell me what this is. It came on the rock that I bought off of craigslist. I thought I had killed it because it's been sitting in my 29 gal with no lights for a little over a week. But soon as I clicked the lights on it opened right up.

DSC_0887_640x426.jpg

Nice looking setup I like the two island layout. Thought I might do that myself at one time. Keep the picts comming. Like Yote said the polyps are super easy to keep. If you like it keep it, if not trade it in at the LFS for credit. People are always looking for polyps.

I'm having a bit of an issue with micro bubbles. It appears I'm getting way to many bubbles from my overflow as it dumps into the sump. The PVC is a couple of inches below the waterline in the skimmer section. To try and verify the bubble source I shut my skimmer off and also turned the flow off to my fuge section (Sump layout Skm > Rtn < Fuge).

I'm going to try putting some rubble under the overflow to see if that works. but I'm kinda thinking this will make the bubbles even worse. If that does not work I'm thinking of taking some scrap acrylic and bending it so I can make a kind bubble tower around the PVC. Any other suggestions?

i use poly filter pad that i drape over the baffel so that all the water rund through it and does not creat a water fall when going to the return

That seems like an even easier option. I'll stop by the LFS on the way home and pick up some cheapo filter pads and see how that works.

Poly seems to have helped a lot but there are still a few microbubbles showing up in the DT. I think I'm still going to work on making a bubble tower.

I found this little thing growing in the fuge and also a smaller one in DT on the sandbed. I suppose it's just a feather duster right?

DSC_0900_319x480.jpg

Since it's very small can I just pluck it out?

Did a little surfing and nobody says anything about plucking them out. I'll stop by the lfs see if they have some joe's juice

Last edited:
if you try and pluck it ou and leave any part of it in there it will just grow back

Yeah :( , I just found another article that says the same thing. I'm glad I posted the pic because I was thinking it's kinda cool to find something growing in the tank. I'm still cycling now so I'd rather be fighting this now than when the tank is established.

The one in the sump is attached to a small piece of rubble so I just removed the whole piece of rubble. I went to move the one in the sand bed and realized that it's attached to a piece of rock :(.

Looks like the rock I bought from the guy off of craigslist is the source. I've moved some of the rock around so I can get a better look and I'm going to monitor it closely.

Back