Hornet's 150 gal Ocean

I have had success with powders. Blue and Brown. Everyone says they're ick prone. I think my UV light helps with that problem, but others would disagree.

I finally moved Bumble Bee (tang) over to the DT after treating him with hypo salinity for ich. Now it's time for me to decide on my next fish purchase. I'm leaning towards getting some Lyretail Anthias.

The only fish in the tank now are my bluespot jawfish, white face tang (or powder brown), a cleaner shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp.

I've been very busy lately with work and school and have not taken any time to update my thread. Brief update. My BlueSpot did went carpet surfing :(. He got a little antsy after I moved the powder brown from the QT over to the DT. The top of my tank was covered good but he was riding the overflow down to the sump and hoping around. I caught him a couple of times but one day he finally hoped out of the sump.

I picked up two new additions at the LFS Black Friday sale: a little yellow tang $19 and a Sixline wrasse $9. The tang was kinda skinny, but he is already starting to fatten up after a few days of good food. This LFS does not do a good job taking care of fish so I'll be keeping both fish in the QT tank for at least 4 weeks.

You know Hornet Yote always says, "They don't exist without pictures!" :lol:

lol, very true.

I forgot to upload the pics of the fish but here are some crappy shots of some of the few corals I have in my tank. The Rics were smaller than the tip of my finger when I got them as a freebies due to problems with an online order. I want to get some cooler corals but I've just been buying additions as I can afford them. Paying for everything with cash keeps me from moving to fast with my tank.

I gotta find some time to get better with my camera :grumble:. Anybody using lighroom software? I downloaded a trial and I kinda like it.

Green_SPS.jpg

Rics.jpg

prp_plate.jpg

Here's some shots of the 2 fish I picked up at the LFS on black Friday. I have them in the QT Tank. Yellow Tang & Six Line Wrasse

3 Bartlett's Anthia's that just came in from Blue Zoo yesterday. I decided to take a chance and put them directly into the DT :shock:

Wow, did not realize its been this long since I've posted!

Working a full time job and taking evening classes started to bog me down. I got to the point that I was getting tired of looking at a computer so I cut out a lot of my internet surfing. I've finally finished my degree and I have a little more time on my hand so here I am. My tank husbandry also diminished a bit during this time but for the most part my tank is doing well.

Current fish list: 3 Anthias, Sixline wrasse, Powder Brown, Yellow Tang and a True Percula clown fish. The clown fish is forced to live in the fuge because I got tired of fishing him out of the sump after frequent rides down the overflow slide. I want a new fish but I need to find something that is not prone to jumping out of my open top tank as I've had a couple of carpet surfers.

I'll get some recent shots of my corals soon and post them.

Back