How am I doing biocube 29

You need more rock in your tank and I know LR is pricey but I have a 29 biocube and 2 20G longs. I got half my rock off the beaches of Florida although it tended to be smaller pieces. Most of south Florida sits on an ancient coral reef. Aragonite is everywhere although the stuff near the beaches is cleaner.

I have over 20-23 pounds some in the front and some in the rear chamber with the bioballs do you believe I still need more I've seen lots of biocubes online and was thinking my tank is crowded

Yea white light is the 10,000k. Run it 12-8. Or similar hours depending on viewing times wanted. The turbo snails should do fine eating, I have 2 in my tank and they are happy as ever even with out a large build up of algea. Just don't scrape the back wall and let some grow back there. It won't get out of hand cause it will be dinner. I've never used bio balls or a blue sponge. Idk if those questions were being refered to me. I don't like bio balls I've only heard they are nitrate factories if you don't clean them 2x a week.

Also the more lr you have the better. I have nearly 50 lbs in my 29. I've seen much much more. If you put some dry rock in there it will be live rock with in no time and will definatly be a good idea. But you should atleast have 1lb per gallon rule of thumb. Add it a little at a time tho as not to cause a mini cycle.

Kully
So you removed the sponge and bioballs what are you using in the rear chambers what kind of filtration system are you using do you have a bio protein skimmer.my tank has been runing about 30 days purchased form a friend

https://www.livingreefs.com/first-salt-tank-t35177.html

That's the thread of my build. I don't have a back section as i did a 29l not a 29cube. but i would remove the bioballs. my filtration is just the amount of live rock i have and a small protein skimmer. I'm currently working on building a sump, but i don't need it, just want it.
I feed my fish garlic pellets and regular marine flakes, and i do an occasional marine snow to feed my clam. My shrimp loves to try and eat the pellets and it's quite amazing because as soon as he smells the food he comes out from where ever he was hiding and tries to stuff his little mouth.

also if you've only had the tank for about a month now, be sure not to add more than 1 fish every 3 or so weeks. if you excede that you'll most likley end up with some dead fish. clowns are the exception, you can add 2 of those guys at a time, and try to get a mated pair. they will be much happier in the long run if you get 2. (one large and one small)

Latest update my wife calls me she said the frogspawn is spitting Sand okay!!!!!!
Not true the water level was low and the pump was taking in air so stop the pump filled the needed water now I see my fish has some small white dots believe to be the ich as of yesterday they where fine no white dots feed them some frozen food and some pellets they are eating well. Hummmmm now what ? My wife ask if we needed to take the fish to the hospital ? NOT sure maybe

Nice article littlefish the chicken pops are gone this morning there was a few now they are gone strange can that happen

Started brightwell microbacter7 dosing recommended by a local shop in my area he told me this would put some needed bacteria in my tank. What do you guys think ?

Thanks little fish
how often should I be doing water changes before I installed The skimmer it would be a little cloudy after one week it will be a week tomorrow and water looks clear and my fishy, snails, starfish and shrimp look like they are doing good and eating good. I've dose with the bacteria for 5 days and now I see some redish algea on the floor of my tank. Can anyone see anything out of place See pics below thank you guys for all the info I have learned so much in a month
4f79549a.jpg

ab67d7a3.jpg

2cefe92f.jpg

The red stuff is cyano and you should suck it up with each water change. Keep doing your water changes weekly. Also you shouldnt be putting that bacteria stuff in it, im not convinced it does anything and you wouldnt need it at this point anyways.

I'm currently testing for nitrate nitrite ammonia copper ph what else should I be testing for going out shopping tomorrow I have fish and some soft coral.

Back