How do you feed?

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I started using New Life Spectrum Pellets. I have been switching soaking them in VitaChem and garlic. Winy is correct, what a difference in my fish. I wish I didn't have this POS camera so I could post pics of the results. Everyone is glowing with color in the tank, even my skunk shrimp look bigger and brighter. I feed them the pellets every third day and their regular food on the other days. It's a freakin feeding frenzy when I use the pellets.
Thanks again Winy!

Well, it's been 3 weeks since I started using New Life Spectrum Pellets. I have been switching soaking them in VitaChem and garlic. Winy is correct, what a difference in my fish. I wish I didn't have this POS camera so I could post pics of the results. Everyone is glowing with color in the tank, even my skunk shrimp look bigger and brighter. I feed them the pellets every third day and their regular food on the other days. It's a freakin feeding frenzy when I use the pellets.
Thanks again Winy!

Thats awesome! I'm glad you have had good success. :)

Winy was saying to soak and feed pellets as well because they absorbed more of the vitamins/garlic than the defrosted/already wet food

Correct. What I do is I take about a teaspoon of the pellets and put them in a small plastic container with a lid. I put about 6 drops of vitachem or garlic, which ever I am feeding that week, in with the pellets,and shake it up a bit. The liquid soaks up in the pellets and I keep the container in the fridge till i need it. If you don't over saturate the pellets, they will absorb all the liquid and not become soggy or messy, which makes it alot easier to feed your fish

This thread is great! It's opened up a whole new window to me as to what I should be feeding. My LFS just told me to use flake food and feed 3 or 4 flakes per fish twice per day. He also gave me shrimp pellets for the hermits and shrimp.

That does seem to be the average advice given by LFS's :lol: they figure probably that you'll come back more often for pellets/flakes and water changes if they can get you to feed that way :mrgreen:

This thread is great! It's opened up a whole new window to me as to what I should be feeding. My LFS just told me to use flake food and feed 3 or 4 flakes per fish twice per day. He also gave me shrimp pellets for the hermits and shrimp.

Not real good advice IMO, most flakes have phosphates which will mess with water quality over time

Back