6789.JPG

7890.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
1 marron clown
1 cupos tang
1 green chromus
1 cleaner shrimp
1 possible pistol shrimp
a cleaner crew constiting of nas snails turno snails and hermit crabs about 10 each
2 acro corals
1 unknown sps greenish yellow someone help me out on this one
1 toadstool
2 frogspawn
zoos
xenia
finger leathers
star polyps
kenya tree
hope i got it all

i know the tang needs a bigger tank but he seems to be doing fine and is having fun if its possible for a fish to have fun ... so i think im going to have to keep him im sorry...

i do have a question though about my frogsspawn, its kinda thin and i think its cause i have it to deep in my tank.. i only have one t5 strip ... or do you think i shoudl be feeding it cause i hardfly feed any corals in my tank anything except i through a 1/4 of cyclopse frozen in there once a month

i do have a question though about my frogsspawn, its kinda thin and i think its cause i have it to deep in my tank.. i only have one t5 strip ... or do you think i shoudl be feeding it cause i hardfly feed any corals in my tank anything except i through a 1/4 of cyclopse frozen in there once a month

One strip as in ONE bulb?
If thats the case,you need to move it up closer to the top.

Yeah if that is the case you had better kiss your SPS frags that I saw goodbye eventually.

Your tank does really like nice though!

i have one blue and white bulbs and the sps are actually growing slowly, and i have them at teh top im not really worried about them because it was an experiment to see if they could be grown under lower light but great water conditions... as for the frogspawn, it has no growth and i liek the look but it attacks everything i put it next to and i don't have the space really to throw it on the top but i think thats what i need to do

can anyone tell me what the forth picture down right under the ricordia mushrooms are because i guess it was monti somethign the guy i got it from didn't know what it was but its been growing quite rapidly from the small frag i got it

i have always had soft corals and this corals turns white at tips then grows, at first i thought it was bleaching cause of lack of light but then the green poypls would show and it woudl grow more is this common with sps and hard corals because i am new to them

White tips are a sign of growth. If they start getting white elsewhere, then that's a sign of an unhappy/unhealthy coral.

And I also agree that the tang will probably not live long in a tank that small. They need a tank at least twice the size of yours. They have very high metabolisms and require a lot of oxygen since they are moving all the time. Not only can a tank that small not provide them with the space they need to swim, but it can't provide them with the extra oxygen they require.

Where to begin.....posts like this absolutely kill me.
How long has this tank been running? Looks like it was just setup. I see no coralline growth, but lots of cyano.
You know your tank is WAY too small for a tang, yet you don't seem to care. Sort of like keeping a dog in a 3'x2' kennel it's whole life. It will live, but is that not cruel?
You know you don't have the proper lighting for SPS coral, yet you are "experimenting"? What the experiment about? How long it takes to slowly kill coral?
With all those leathers in there, you have alot of chemical warefare going on. Are you running carbon and changing it often?

The tank does look good now, but I wonder how it will look 6 months from now.....

+1 Capt!
There is no way you can boast about excellent water quality with all those leathers and that messy tang together in a 29 gallon. Just realize that everyone here is trying to help. It seems like you have quite a bit invested in that tank and your corals all look nice. It would be sad to see it all die, but that is the path you are on. You should consider trading some of the leathers, the SPS, the anemone, and the tang back into the LFS while they are still healthy, or investing in a bigger setup with better lighting. Either way, slow down a bit and do your research. It looks like you've got great vision, you just need to do your homework on your tank mates and be realistic about your tank's capacity.

BTW never heard of a cupos? did you mean Scopas?

Last edited:
how can you tell me that my lighting is not sufficient when i have rapid growth in my my corals... my tank has been running for 2 years i don't know if you believe thats not a long time or not , isn't the hole reason for a reef aquarium in the first place was to see if corals and reef fish could live in the home aquarium as to put less stress on the reef... and as for the dog thing, i eat fish and i dont eat dogs so i can't compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back