how long should i wait to add coral?

rdang

Reefing newb
my tanks been up for a couple months. I dont have a skimmer yet, but my nitrates are at 0. I only have two chromis for fish. could i add some xenia, shrooms, or button polyps?

button polyps are good ones, zoas, mushrooms, green star polyps. are all good starter corals. exnia either takes off or dies. some people can not keep them alive in one tank but the next one they thrive in.

what do you suggest starting with? i can get some small button polys frags for $5 at the LFS. watchah think

heres a pic of my buttons

001-8.jpg

Just dont let the LFS talk you into a kenya weed.:D
Buttons,zoanthids,leathers.

yeah, im glad i know what those are now lol.

Thanx for the replys and pics from everyone. The LFS has button frags with about 5 to 9 polyps on a frag. ill pick some up monday maybe, i would go tommorrow but PETMART is all the way in east Tampa, and im in dwntwn saint pete :(

my LFS sells pepermint shrimp for 1.99, is that a low price for those?

That's a great price for peppermint shrimp rdang. I usually pay around $7.99-$10.00 for mine. I ordered some online recently at $4.99 each.

I got my very first coral today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

3808822786_f738c4aa19.jpg

3808008727_c95f2d9b87.jpg

Cowabunga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2::helm2:

Those are AWESOME starter corals:D
And if you'll give em a little bit of mysis every few days,it wont take long to have a huge rock full of um.

Back