How Often Are Sanguine Frogfish available?

brittant

Dog Person in the Water
**Sanguiune Frogfish

I found a little guy available at an online vendor. He's rated for a 10 gallon tank, which would be perfect for the second tank I wanted to set up this summer. Unless my dad can get a cycled tank from a friend of ours and take care of him for a month or so, this particular individual will be a no-go.

Has anyone ever found them available for sale before? I'm not supposed to have more than a 10 gallon tank, so a larger species is out of the question. :(

(He'd be in my "roommate's tank", not my current one.)

Last edited:
Frogfish are pretty easy to get, divers den has them in all the time.

However, something to aware of when purchasing these guys is that they will change their colors so unless you have a very similarly colored environment to the colors you purchases them at, expect them to change to something else. But the upside to this is that you can purchase one of the more boring looking ones, which are usually cheaper, and then placing colorful things in the tank will encourage them to take on some more exciting colorations.

Yeah, I see the painted Frogfish quite often, but it was the first time I had seen this species (in about 3 months of watching); they only get to be 3 inches, and Divers' Den rated him at 10 gallons, as opposed to the larger guys. I guess I'll just have to keep checking. But thanks! :)

And that is a great tip!

(It was this guy - and turns out Divers' Den did misspell it):
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=152112

Back