I just ordered my blue spotted jawfish

EliWhitney314

Phish Head
He or she will be getting here on Tuesday. I have plenty of sand, rubble, and crushed coral for this guy to burrow, but I am worried about him jumping. I have saturday off so I figured I would get some egg crate. Is there a kind of plastic mesh I can put over the eggcrate? I also want to make a pvc pipe light holder, so the light is not right on top of the mesh and egg crate. Any help would be great.

hey Eli, go to like walmart or a craft store and ask for "tooling" fabric. its like mesh and works wonders for jumpy critters!! I used it to keep crickets in their cages because they always seemed to get out through the tiniest holes, this stuff works for tanks too :) keeps my sisters eel from hopping.

Or else you could get the eggcrate and cut it to fit your tank, then cover the eggcrate with the fabric that Sharkie is talking about.

Those are probably my favorite jawfish.But make sure there are NO holes in whatever you cover the tank with.Bluespots can jump through the eye of needle:shock:

I will have photos for sure. It's not metal is it sharkie?

Should I keep my glass lid on or should I just put eggcrate and the mesh on there? I know a lot of people are against glass covers.

Back