I love this hobby!!!

BL1

So, as you all know with the TBS package you get tons of hitchhikers and extras. Well, Richard sent me a rock anemone and a serpent star as 2 of my extras. I was going to feed the anemone a chunk of silverside and literally as soon as I pulled my hand back the star came crawling (faster than I ever thought they could) from the other corner of the tank, crawled on top of the anemone and literally pulled the chunk of fish out of the anems mouth. Cool things like this are exactly why I love this hobby and switched from freshwater!

I know, I couldn't decide whether or not to grab my camera or keep watching ... by the time I got it, the little star had grabbed the fish and was dragging it away

I had a mantis and several pistols in the beginning. I know there's still one pistol in there, there may just be more that I haven't found yet.

I keep telling myself I will NOT take all my neons and gouramis from the 55 gallon FW to the LFS and turn the 55 Gallon into a Reef tank. Nope...no no no.....not gonna.........

I'll be moving around Jan-Feb of next year ... when I break my FW tanks down they're not going back up as FW. I just need to decide if I want to convert the 75 or just get a 125 ... so glad I have a long time to think it over

My serpents are kind of a pain i have to feed them before i feed anything else in the tank otherwise ill try and feed my sun corals and the serpents are all over them stealing food..i still like them even though their creepy..

Unfortunately, this was the only pic I was able to get, you can see the star dragging away his victory snack
DSCN0451.jpg

On a side note, could the anem have gotten hurt when the star pulled the food out of its mouth? I tried feeding it again yesterday and it started to eat, I could see the food in it's mouth. But, when I went back like 15 mins later I saw the food on the sand next to it. Not too worried yet, it still looks healthy and its fully open.

I dont think there is any need to wait any longer.
When I had my BTA,it would eat a raw table shrimp about every 3 days.

So ...... I go to try and feed my Nem again tonight ... and of course the star starts poking around, no big deal ... and then out of no where this sucker jumps out to get some
DSCN0476.jpg

This picture is a little blurry but, he was actually climbing on the anem to try and get the fish .... I guess rock flower anemones don't sting?? This pic is a little blurry but, he was really annoying the anem
DSCN0477.jpg

So, I decided to try the bait the bottle trick ... and what do you know 10 mins later. Here he is, in my sump! Not sure if he'll stay there or not but we'll see
DSCN0479.jpg

I have no idea what kind of crab that is hairy usually equals bad.Better to be in the sump then the display.

Let me guess....TBS rocks.

Back