I need some advise!!!

Teixeira29

Live Rock Fish only
I have a Shadow Box 50g Showpiece Aquarium
Fish-Auriga Butterfly,Ocellaris Clownfish, Neon Blue Goby, Greenbanded Goby, Digonal Bar Prawn Goby
Filtration-High Compacity Filter,Undergravel filtration, Air Pump,Seaclone Protein Skimmer
I just want to make sure i am doing everything the right way. The hell with it i know it not good to put a foxface in a 50g but i really want one!!
I would appreciate some input on this Thanks

Try it if you want. Just because it isn't recommended doesn't mean it's impossible. I agree with the other people who advise against it but I've seen a lot of things done that weren't recommended. Just remember that the animal is in your care and depends on you to make decisions it can't make for itself. If conditions in the ocean weren't ideal for it the fish would move to a better place, it can't do that in your aquarium.

You can add a foxface, but remember they grow large so you will have to trade um back in when he reaches apprx 4 to 5 inches max. They also have venomous top spines. care in handling is also a must. Since you indicate you have an undergravel filter, it is very important you do not overstock your system, otherwise water quality will be very hard to maintain. good luck

I always have a backup plan and i was looking at the H.O.T Magnum Pro System and Bio Wheel 100, you think that would be a better option?

Nope, a protein skimmer would be your best option. HOB filters and canister filters lead to water quality problems in saltwater tanks. Look into getting a good protein skimmer, and getting rid of everything else. Live rock and a good skimmer are all you need.

Back