I Need some help

You can often skip the cycle if you use fully cured and mature live rock. If you think you are skipping the cycle, try adding a bit of fish food to the tank. If your parameters don't go up, then you probably won't see a cycle.

this is true i have basically skipped most of the cycle for my new 24 gallon i just need to wait for the copapod poulation to start increaseing so i can move my mandarin.

Ive been reading other ppl who have my tank, what are these 1 and 2 packages? Also some1 suggested an ATO b/c of problems with micro bubbles in their display.. how do i know if i have that problem?

Last edited:
Ive been reading other ppl who have my tank, what are these 1 and 2 packages? Also some1 suggested an ATO b/c of problems with micro bubbles in their display.. how do i know if i have that problem?

I don't know what you're talking about "Packages" unless you're referring to Tampa Bays' Packages...

You'll know if you have microbubbles because you'll see them in your tank. You can do an Auto Top Off, pretty inexpensive, but it's not necessary to have. Convenient yes, Necessary No.

Which nano cube do you have? I've heard of some having micro bubble issues using the JBJ skimmer that comes with some of them. ( I think its the HQI that comes with the skimmer) It ended up being the skimmer causing the micro bubble issue.

I know that some people who have the Biocube have micro bubble issues with the stock tank, but I've not heard anyone with the stock Nano Cube having issues.

when you do the water change it should be fresh mix or even left over mix from the last change my 5G mixing jug i can get 2 changes from :D so I'd say even for you 28 5g of mix can get you 2 changes at 10% is like 2.5-2.9g of mix

How can i tell what level of lighting i have, is the lighting low, moderate? mine are

10,000k white daylight, two 7100k blue actinic. and for that matter what wattage

is considered low, moderate and high?

I'd say the tank you have has moderate lighting. You'll be able to keep softies, most LPS, and some clams without problems. Determining lighting by wattage is difficult because 70w of CF, T5, and MH all put out different amounts of light even though they use the same amount of power,

i didnt necessarily mean wattage, just put that b/c i didnt know what else to put,

jw how u would determine if your lighting is low, moderate or high?

You have the quad on the nano cube right? Those I believe are compact florescents. Like BL said you should be able to keep softies and most LPS. I'm not so sure on the clams because everything I have read on them they need high light.

Back