I want a fish!

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I got only a feather duster, a very small Yellow clown goby, a mandarin goby and many small inverts in my Biocube 29. Suggestions I've heard: Pygmy angel, flame angel, Coral Beauty, clowns. I've had to give away a dottyback (killed a shrimp) and a damsel fish (killed a pseudochromis). I need something peaceful. Suggestions?

Midas blenny:D

Midas Blennies are great (I have one), but you need to be aware that they will dig holes in your rock. If your formation isn't sturdy it could be trouble. It is my favorite fish however. Ton's of character and bright yellow and pinkish undertone color

Interesting, which peaceful ones pair best? Special requirements for these?

I have a tiger pistol shrimp and a goby (dont remember what the name of the goby is) but make sure its a pistol shrimp. Now if you do get one you will hear this loud clicking noise and thats the shrimp. Just think about it before you get it. Mine doesnt bother me because its in my living room and my shrimp doesnt do it too much.

Get a couple clownfish. They are fun to watch.
My pygmy angels had to go (coral beauty & flame).
They were too large for the 30g with the rocks & other fish in there.

If you are comfortable with your parameters, I would go for an "exotic" clownfish pair...... ORA naked clowns, onyx clowns or my favorite picasso clowns.
There is a reefer who sells her captive bread picassos & snowcassos. They are super cool IMHO.

PICASSO LINK
SNOWCASSO LINK

My clowns swim all around the tank, in and out of the rocks.
They just now started "hosting" my frogspawn & torch corals.
It's pretty sweet to watch them wriggling around in and out of the lps.....

Sorry to hear about your uninteresting clownfish. :-(

My clowns swim all around the tank, in and out of the rocks.
They just now started "hosting" my frogspawn & torch corals.
It's pretty sweet to watch them wriggling around in and out of the lps.....

Sorry to hear about your uninteresting clownfish. :-(

Unfortunatly I think if a clown host's your frogspawn and torch they will annoy it so much that they will kill it. Ive heard of that happening before.

My clown loves my toadstool. It's grown alot once the clown made it it's home. It's my favorite part of my tank.

I get to the store and ask for a 5 line wrasse after reading somewhere that it is generally peaceful and reef safe. The LFS guy says he only has a six line wrasse --I thought he was joking. There's a 6 line? How different can the 6 and 5 line be? Does the extra line cost more? After I buy the 6 line I find that he can be rather agressive, even though he looks just like the 5 line except with an extra line. One post somewhere said the 6 line will poke the eyes out of a Mandarin Goby. Did I screw this up?

I've only heard of the 6-line and 8-line wrasse, never heard of a 5-line. By far, the 6-line is the most common, and of the two types, no one on this site has an 8-line as far as I know.

(I thought you were joking when you said you were going to get a 5-line in your previous post -- I thought you really meant sixline).

Apprarently there is a 4, 6, 8 and a 12 line wrasse. I got my lines mixed up. How aggressive is the 6 line? The one I got was living in a very small tank at the LFS and getting along with a juvenile Mandarin Goby.

Some are aggressive, some are not. They are very individual fish. I've had 2, and neither of them have every shown any agression whatsoever.

Back