Inexperienced LFS Employee Strikes AGAIN grrrr

You all cant see it right now but I'm am crying right now for those fish friends. Those poor poor aquatics friend. What a dumb ass I hate it when a shop will just sell sell sell and not even care about there fish friends. Oh I'm sorry I correct my self they are not fish friends they are swimming $$$ and just that...:pissedof::pissedof::censored::pissedof::pissedof:

I guess I was fortunate to have a 3 "REAL" LFS"S (not talking petco) with in 15 mile's of me and the owner of all three store's shop is like 1/4 mile from mine. now I'm on a first name basis with all 3, but I still do my research first.. this dude is an idiot and obviously has more money then brain's..poor fish..ya know what he's gonna get when he goes back in there (witch he will) when everything die's "SORRY NO GUARENTE'S ON LIVESTOCK"

speaking of petco! i watched a kid working at the local one pull live rock with coral attached to it out of water to make it easier to catch a fish. the rocks and coral were out of water for a good 20 minutes. when i questioned him about it he told me it was none of my business.

Repeat customers are curcial to small businesses. Selling them all those critters only to see them die and piss off the customer is bad for business!
Amen!!!!!!! That man isn't going to say " oh gosh I was an ignorant slob who forked over 1000s of dollars on something I know nothing about!!" NO! He's going to say "XYZ Reefs sold me bad livestock etc"

You would think it would make more financial sense for an LFS to conduct itself ethically. Sure, they can do what the LFS did in this thread and make nice chunk of change, however, the customer will probably never purchase from that store again after all of his fish die in a week. What the LFS should have done, since this customer was obviously brand new to the hobby, was to set them up in a way so that the customer would be on the proper starting path. A good LFS will approach a new hobbyist from a standpoint of education and long term success. Recommending various reef book and websites (livingreefs.com) is always something they should do. So while this approach may have not lead to as big a transaction on this customers first visit, in the long run it will probably amount to much much money changing hands and in an honest way as well. This is an expensive hobby, and any LFS that gains the trust of a customer may be rewarded with years of purchases.

I agree. Look at how many of us shop for livestock at our LFS every time we get a paycheck. It can take years to fully stock a reef tank. That's a lot of money you are spending over a sustained period of time.

I'm lucky to have 2 great attentive knowledgeable LFS's (well, 1 -- the other closed :( ). The one remaining LFS is strictly saltwater, and while I'm sure they've been guilty of selling when they shouldn't, overall, they are very knowledgeable people. They have the staff bios on the website, and how much sw experience each one has.

Back