Introduce yourself with pics.

Re: Introduce your self with pics.

Haha I'm convinced! Lol....oh and my name is felicia. My nickname growing up was actually fish cuz I couldn't say my name....and I hated it. And somehow I got stuck with flojo sometime way back....so yeah...history of my name!

yeah his tank is purrrty....nice job ryan!

im pretty jealous of all the tanks but i get my own little slice while helping alex with his. we just have a different vision for our tanks...lol...

Alright I'm in! Yote has unleashed me. Lol.

But it is a good idea for me to jump in more cuz ill get a little more educated that way. Can't hurt, plus everyone on this forum rocks!

Cool!

Way to go Yote!

Yep uh huh....pretty much only you but ur so awesome it kinda seeps onto everyone else....

(do I get paid to say this?)

Last edited:

My son and I in Costa Rican Rain forest:

CR2007PIC007_800x600.jpg

Awesome pic sen! Always been one of the things I really wanted to do. One day I hope to make it to the rainforests.

Costa Rica is only a 3 hour flight from Atlanta and they got awesome reefs there too.

I would love to go to Costa Rica. My son went there last summer on a missions trip with our church and said it was beautiful.

I was in Costa Rica a few years ago too. Corcovado National Forest on the Pacific coast. It was fantastic. I'd definitely love to go back.

Got to do some diving too. No reefs on the Pacific coast, but lots of sharks and sea turtles.

There is a great reef off the Pacific coast called Los Canos Island. Its pricey to get out there ($100 a head) but incredible to dive.

There is a great reef off the Pacific coast called Los Canos Island. Its pricey to get out there ($100 a head) but incredible to dive.

That's where I dove. Not much of a reef though. Just big fish. I didn't pay that much, though. We just took a little boat from the mainland (we stayed in an EcoLodge on the Oso Peninsula).

That's where I dove. Not much of a reef though. Just big fish. I didn't pay that much, though. We just took a little boat from the mainland (we stayed in an EcoLodge on the Oso Peninsula).

What else did you see besides big fish?

OK, here is a pic of myself, against my better judgment, but since so many others have posted. Hope it doesn't break your screen.

me3.JPG

Edit: This was posted out of guilt from watching so many others posting their pics.

Last edited:

What else did you see besides big fish?

I saw giant sea turtles laying eggs on the beach -- definitely one of the highlights of my trip. To be honest, I don't really remember that much about the diving, since I wasn't too impressed by it. I was more impressed by the hikes in the jungle.

I think I wasn't too impressed by the diving because I've done most of my scuba diving in the Red Sea in the Middle East, which is considered one of the most untouched and pristine reefs in the world. Just fantastic diving there, but the reason it's so pristine is because not too many people take vacations to the Middle East. I got to dive there on a regular basis because I was living in Egypt at the time. Since my dad is also an avid diver, we'd take trips to the Red Sea at least once a month and just do dive after dive, sometimes 6 or 7 dives a day/night.

I also had the privilege of doing a lot of diving in the Caribbean, but in another area that has not been destroyed by throngs of tourists -- I dove a lot off the coast of Honduras (which is the second largest contiguous reef in the world, after the Great Barrier Reef). I was living in El Salvador at the time, so I had the opportunity to dive in places that not too many other people get to see.

When I think back about the places I grew up in, one of thing I recognize is that growing up in these places is what has defined my interests and my passions as an adult. Living in 8 different countries and so many different environments definitely fostered a sense of stewardship for the land and the sea that I don't think I would have developed had I not been exposed to these different places, and I thank god all the time that I was lucky enough to have been able to do and see so many cool things as a kid. It has shaped who I am today in immeasurable ways.

Back