Is this my stock limit?

I also think it'll be ok to add a couple of smaller fish...as long as everyone has their own hiding place, and the water quality is good, then its ok.

LOL. ok. Yellow should fair well in there also. Really, you have room for error here, no worries. The jawfish will find a corner with alot of sand to burry himself in.

:question:

Yellow Prawn Goby

Foxface Lo

Tail Spot Blenny

Six Line Wrasse

Pair of Occelaris Clowns

Kole Tang

Carberryi Anthias

Blue Spotted Jawfish

Yellow Tang

Pacific Redstripe Hogfish

Wow, I though it was one fish for every 10 gallons? :D

Seems like you have a pretty good list going now. The hogfish are neat too. Good luck with that! =) I can't wait til I can really start stocking my tank too.

I'd probably do 10 gallon weekly water changes. Between 10% and 20% of the tank's volume is the norm. You may be able to do them every 2 weeks, or decrease the amount, if your tank's parameters stay in check for a while.

I was thinking that it would be better to do small changes weekly instead of larger water changes every two weeks. So 10 gallons per week is good?

As far as amount of fish, I think you could add one more small/medium sized fish. But, what kind of filtration are you planning for this tank? Will IT be able to handle that many fish?

I've decided against the hogfish and I'm not sure about the jawfish. I don't want to loose $150 just because I looked at it wrong.

I've looked through a bunch of fish on liveaquaria and the fish are either really boring, really expensive, or already on my list. I was think maybe a small school of chromises (3)? I've heard they usually end up killing each other until there's only one or two left.

A small school of chromis would be fine. They seem to be hit or miss when it comes to attacking each other. I started out with 5 a long time ago (like 8 years ago or something) and I'm down to 2 now. The 2 I have were the largest ones, and picked off the rest of them. I've had these 2 now for several years, and they don't bother each other.

As far as amount of fish, I think you could add one more small/medium sized fish. But, what kind of filtration are you planning for this tank? Will IT be able to handle that many fish?

I'm planning on 125 pounds of live rock, reef octopus extreme xs 160 (I have the bigger one in my 110 and it's great), and chaeto.

How does this sound?

Yellow Prawn Goby

Foxface Lo

Tail Spot Blenny

Six Line Wrasse

Pair of Occelaris Clowns

Kole Tang

Carberryi Anthias

Yellow Tang

3X: Green Chromis

If all is going well maybe I'll try the jawfish.

Okay, is this good?

Yellow Prawn Goby

Foxface Lo

Tail Spot Blenny

Six Line Wrasse

Pair of Occelaris Clowns

Kole Tang

Carberryi Anthias

Yellow Tang

Alright, there. 9 fish.

Or is that still too much? I really like the anthias so if I'm going to take a fish out it's going to be the yellow tang.

I wouldn't try to plan too much. I think you will find when you actually get the tank set up, you're going to see a fish you like at the LFS, and your plans will change. Or, a fish you want won't be available, and you'll get something else instead. Just go with the flow. ;)

Very good point... It's just that it's going to take a long time to set up the tank and I'm just getting a bit, impatient. :nono:

They tend to have the same old stuff at petco. tangs, kardnalfish, chromises, wrasses, gobys, etc. My other LFS doesn't have a very large selection but they have some interesting fish, and price tags.

Ugh, I wish I lived in Baltimore... :grumble:

Hmm, last time I checked though, Petco will order you any fish you want. just have to tell them which. They do it out here. Just look up several places online that sell fish, get the name and go to petco to order it, usually much cheaper also.

Back