is this normal?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So its been a couple months now and it seems to be doing very well. Very sticky tenticles and readily eats. Still pink...but I have noticed one thing. I know that even tho its a bubble tip that it may not be bubbly in appearance...but his tenticles keep getting longer and longer. It doesn't seem to be unhealthy but its tenticles just seem unusally long. And its growing very rapidly I think. Or maybe its just filling itself it with more water and looking bigger?

IMAG1538.jpg

IMAG1537.jpg

Yep looks perfectly normal to me. I wish they all bubbled up, IMO they look much cooler when they do. It'd be interesting to see if someday they can figure out why some do and some don't.

What's weird is the guy I got it from has the other half of it still bc it had split. And his half is still bubbled in his tank and mine isn't.

This guy is growing so fast! I moved the green birdsnest further away from him and now I'm starting to worry they are too close again. But I can't really move either of them bc the bidsnest is epoxyed and superglued down. I guess ill have to try and break it off eventually within the next month or so. I didn't know this guy was going to grow soo fast.

Their growth rate had a lot to do with feeding. I think I remember you posting that you feed yours pretty often so thats why. I haven't spot fed mine in over 6 months and they haven't grown noticeably since then.

That's actually pretty common that his is bubbled and yours isn't, there are actually reefs where biologists and divers have seen that occur on.

You know what idk why I didn't think of that. It does get fed at least once a week. maybe ill stop feeding so much.

Back