jhnrb-150 reef

Your plate likes the glass as well huh,
I move mine back a bit to mag float the part that stays covered and its right back against the glass with in the hour

Looking Great BTW

Wow!
Are those Elegance in the first pics?Someday I'm going to find a healthy one.
Also,on the third pic....is that a Goniopora?

Everything looks so good,the elegance has me floored!(I'm so jealous)

Thanks on the Neptune info.,I plan on getting the Aquatroller III before the end of the year.

Wow!
Are those Elegance in the first pics?Someday I'm going to find a healthy one.
Also,on the third pic....is that a Goniopora?

Everything looks so good,the elegance has me floored!(I'm so jealous)

Thanks on the Neptune info.,I plan on getting the Aquatroller III before the end of the year.

The elegance on the left is an Aussie, the other who knows. Both are eating. They are unpredictable but worth the chance. The ones I had before actually reproduced. The Gonipora is a nice specimen and the reason I picked it up. Thanks for the comments.

New addition. Solar Fairy Wrasse/Cirrhilabrus solorensis male. also added a Blackcap Basslet/ Gramma Melacara but a little shy yet. so only a pic of the wrasse at this time.
IM005119.JPG

nice wrasse. i was actually looking at that one on marine depot live last night. john, you are doing exactly what i would be doing if i had a large tank. i would stock it with tons of small reef fish versus a few large ones. it's going to look awesome!

Very nice Fish john!

What kind of algae is that above the LT plate in that pic ?

red/brown cyno. it is currently gone but the system is in the algae cycle currently at three months so I let it take its course unless one of the animals is threatened.

OOH you have better pics than Biff! Makes it look so much better. Plus the substrate is clean and everything looks happy. Was it the process that you cycled the tank and then added fish and coral or is it the amount of fish and snails that keep the tank clean?

OOH you have better pics than Biff! Makes it look so much better. Plus the substrate is clean and everything looks happy. Was it the process that you cycled the tank and then added fish and coral or is it the amount of fish and snails that keep the tank clean?

Actually I have broke every rule in the book as my dealings with outside sources encountered some diificulties, and I was forced to add animals/corals 3 months sooner than expected and all at once, so, I have a healthy cleanup crew, of a dozen fighting counchs, some mathrax crabs, 6 blue/red/stripped legged crabs, a dwarft sea hare, a tominie tang, and a variety of snails. I am running ozone (not needed for last month and half), uv sterilization, phos reactor. I top off with kalkwrasser (automated), and have not yet turned on the denitrator or the calcium reactor. want to have some nitrates for the clams, and as such have to deal with a bit of cyno and algae at present. I do feed heavy, fish and corals. I will also be doing a 50gal water change every month. hope this helps.

jhnrb, 50 gallons is a little more than ten percent! I guess it would be good for exporting the nitrates and toxins or whatever.. How long have you been doing the 50 gallon water changes on the 150g? Im asking for my knowledge here, your the one with the fifty years experience! lol Does all this outlaw stuff work for your particular setup?

Back