jhnrb-150 reef

Oh thats about a 16 percent water change then. Ok thats good. I didnt think to consider the FULL water volume of the setup. lol Mine will be 70 gallons then.

Thats about right 300 or just a bit more. I have just done a 2nd water change and have decided to do it monthly. I tried to go 3 months between and dose inbetween and did not like the way things were looking so I will go back to monthly water changes and not dose in between unless testing dictates a lacking of something. actually it is hard to explain, but, I do most of my stuff by the way the animals in my system look. sometimes I test often (weekly) and sometimes I test occasionally (monthly) just depends on what my digital readouts tell me and how my animals look. more pics soon.

Last edited:
You know what Biff? Get a hang on back fuge or something that will bolster your volume to five more gallons than jhnrb. Or at least get it even with his. IF if IS five more gallons than yours!

Update on some corals progress. added two k-4's and will be adding two sets of the eco-vortek with controllers and batt. back up in month or so.

Gonipora, lobo, galaxcy
IM005295.JPG

lobo
IM005297.JPG

monti cap
IM005304.JPG

elegance
IM005305.JPG

mushroom
IM005320.JPG

Acropora, rt. side multicolored monti
IM005322.JPG

IM005312.JPG

Last edited:
That monti is great, I love the elegance as well,

jhnrb looking thru your thread again (old thread too)
I noticed We have never seen your lights,

What lights are you running ? what K,
PICS please.

John,
All I can say is,
Your reef is as beautiful as the sunrise on a frost morning on the side of the mountain.
Just awesome.

Thanks all for your comments. I do have currently an additional elegance on its way. will post pics when it is settled in.

Back