jhnrb 150 reef

No problem I dont mind the questions and opinions, that is what this hobbly and site are all about. My son is confined to a wheel chair and so the need for minimum clearances is needed to preclude damage of the cabinets and wall corners. so the size of the tank was determined based on available space considerations. Our move to the North coast 20 years ago was due to a need for a milder marine climate for our son also. So, with no restrictions on the equipment shed, there is where I have had a great amount of flexability for this system, but, Im afraid I have built the shed too small. lo. Anyway thanks for the comments and inquiries. all are welcomed. Currently Im plumbing in the Main protein skimmer Euro-Reef RC 250. Will be fed by a mag pump in the CPR cy-294 retrun chamber, I will put a bulkhead in low and feed to the skimmer and the return will be back to the cy-294 and gravity feed through the top back to the chamber. since the cy-294 has two chambers and two protein skimmers I will put some holes in the divider and also modify the divider to allow for the insertion of the bulkheat in the top. The return will slip into the bulk head so it can be removed if the top needs to come off for cleaning etc. all pumps to the protein skimmers will be independently switched so I have full control. Bout it for now. Pics soon.

Last edited:
UPDATE.

Modification of the CPR-CY294 by cutting two holes in the center divider to afford equal level in both protein skimmer chambers, added bulkhead for feed line to Euroreef skimmer.
IM002886.JPG

Feed system to the Euroreef RC-250 from the CPR-CY294.
IM002888.JPG

Euroreef RC-250 feed and return from and to the CPR-CY294
IM002893.JPG

Euroreef RC-250 skimmer plumbed in.
IM002895.JPG

Now for the ozone system, and the calcium reactor system.

Last edited:
If you ask me its a work of art.

I'm watching you closely for your knowledge and expertise.My brother and his wife are now hooked on reef keeping.They are very well off and want to go big.At least 180gal. custom built.

I seriously don't believe they know what their getting in to(not monetary wise,they understand that but the addiction.)

I think I'm crying for help...................just kidding.

Last edited:
Quick update:
*Modification to CPR CY294 for ozone probe between the two protein skimmers.
IM002900.JPG

*Ozone system, controller, air dryer, Azoo batt. back up air pump, probe in CY-294 retrun chamber and Ozone injection is to the Euroreef RC-250 skimmer.
IM002898.JPG

*Right side of equipment shed.
IM002896.JPG

Calcium reactor system is next.

Last edited:
I putter and procrastinate a lot. not in a hurry just having fun. wanted to get all the equipment in even though I will not use some of it for a while. 1 1/2 years so far. no progress this past week.

This is exactly how I am going to do my new tank. I am going to build it complete before a drop of water ever hits it.

Great job.

current progress calcium reacotr GEO 618, and controller set but not yet hooked up. still have to set pump and return.
IM003065.JPG

IM003066.JPG

IM003068.JPG

Last edited:
A quick update. The calcium reactor feed line is taken off of the main pump manifold and the return is back to the main sump down stream of the protein skimmers.
IM003070.JPG

I personaly think that when its all up and running,we should all make a trip out to Jhnrb's and get a first hand look at it.

Back