Justin's 125 build

A little late night plumbing before bed.... If it passes the leak test tomorrow, then I will set it in place, finish the last few plumbing connections and start filling it.
P1110047.JPG P1110048.JPG

Looks good Justin.
I see you used the flexible PVC.:D
Thanks. I found a plumbing supply that sells the stuff so cheap that I couldn't afford not to use flex. I had planned on using if I could find it all along, but when I found this stuff at $35 for 50 foot roll I damn near decided to build two I got so excited!

That's a partially filled and fully fully salted 125!!!
P1110049.JPG
My trusty helper, Lou-dog, keeping an eye on the progress.
P1110052.JPG
I got the overflows plumbed and will hopefully be finished filling before bed time.Then I will mix for a few days then get started glueing and aquascaping.

I have all the lighting, reflectors, powerheads, and LR I need but I still have to track down another 50-60# of sand, and a couple of loc-lines for the returns. I think I am otherwise all set. I am starting to get really excited! I have been wanting new livestock for a LONG time!

I have a 5 gallon bucket or two (I don't know how much exactly -- I'd have to check in my shed) of sand leftover from my 240 if you want it. It's dry, but it used to be live!

Well you know, it is doing an awesome job of decorating the storage shed next to my carport... I don't know...!

Sure, you can come get it anytime. I live on the NW side of town near Orange Grove and Thornydale. Very far from you! Don't worry -- it's not going anywhere, so even if it takes you a while to get up to this side of town, it's yours.

Thanks! I am planning to head to SWA to return their hole-saw and get my loc-lines this week so while I am there I will swing by your neck of the woods. In the move I found a shroom that went missing a while back. It is Bright White with a green mouth. It is AWESOME. I will get you one for your softie tank as soon as it splits. I will get a pic of it under the halides as soon as I get it into the new tank.

Well folks, I am nearing the completion of day 3 of mixing and I am still pretty cloudy... so I wait. I stopped and got some sand from Biff tonight. Thanks Biffy! It helps a lot. I got to meet Christian and the cats. The new house is awesome and I saw the tanks. I think Biff will be winning the nano contest! Hopefully my loc-lines will arrive tomorrow along with some clarity in my water so I can get this thing moving along :)

Well folks, I am nearing the completion of day 3 of mixing and I am still pretty cloudy... so I wait. I stopped and got some sand from Biff tonight. Thanks Biffy! It helps a lot. I got to meet Christian and the cats. The new house is awesome and I saw the tanks. I think Biff will be winning the nano contest! Hopefully my loc-lines will arrive tomorrow along with some clarity in my water so I can get this thing moving along :)
Hey now he cant be a judge she has bribed him. OH ALEXANDER we have a cheater:mrgreen:

Lol, I'm just sayin' I've seen it in person and it's pretty impressive! Maybe you should invite me over to see yours in person too... you know to keep it fair. Alex, we'll have a beer :)

Back