Justin's 37 Gallon Tank Thread

So i redid the aqua scape. Im in the process getting twenty more pounds of rock. Im getting LR now. Im gonna fill in the left side. Im currently and 1.5 weeks into my cycle. So "hopefully" sooner than later things will be underway for fish. But I'm not rushing anything. PATIENCE!!!! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSC00422.jpg
    DSC00422.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC00424.jpg
    DSC00424.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC00425.jpg
    DSC00425.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 290
So I re-aqua scaled yet again yesterday and I added maybe 5-6 lbs of live rock. I'm hoping that will help my cycle. I have live sand and now some live rock in the tank. So I am hoping this will help things out. I will take pictures in a bit to get some input on my aqua scaling. Please if you have any advice or think it looks good please tell me. That way Im not questioning my work. I am a perfectionist I guess you would call it and want my fishes and corals to live a Long and Happy life. So if there are any comments please feel free to give them. Thanks again. Ill post pics when the family wakes up so Im not bothering the kids while they are still asleep.

So i have a question for you guys!!! I have had my tank up and running now for two weeks. I had a 100 micron filter in sump to get the sediment outta the tank. My ammonia is at .25. I am wondering should I take out that filter now and thats whats not let my ammonia drop to 0?? it has been between .50 and .25 for a week now. Im wondering if that is the cause??

So I went all around this weekend to a few different LFS and I bought ANOTHER test kit. The one I was using was a friends and I found out it was very old!! So I purchased a new one and had all three local stores chek my water. Everything was good all along. So today I went to LFS and I purchased 2 Green Chromis. They have been in the tank for about three hours now and all is well. They are eating and exploring there new home. I am uploading a video now to youtube soon as it is done I will upload to here. But for now I have a few pics for you guys.
Lemme know what you think..:bounce:

Oh yeah once again I re-arranged the rocks. lol never happy... 8)

Attachments

• DSC00430.jpg
    DSC00430.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00429.jpg
    DSC00429.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 234
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKPEte-bh_U"]First Fish after my Tank cycle - YouTube[/ame]

Heres Video hope you all enjoy. :D

Last edited:
i think that would be just perfect. You should let the salt mix for 24 hours before you do the water change, newly made saltwater is very caustic

Thanks Nano. This is the first one since the cycle. I have a 5 gallon bucket and its probably 7/8 the way full. I had to leave a lil room so the powerhead doesn't blow all the water outta the bucket. I am gonna do it in the a.m and this weekend transfer all my corals from lil tank and my mated clowns. I am so excited. My two green chromis are loving life in there right now.

Back