Kati's 28 Gallon JBJ LED Nano

Whoo hoo! We have pods! Had to move the filter basket today (which is doubling as a refugium) to change the filter floss and a ton of the little critters hit the tank. Snails came bursting from the sand. LOL Made everyone perk right up. Now they are all over my glass.....

Ok - added 10 lb more live rock. Finally up to the 1.5lb amt in the tank. The fish is none too happy I was moving things around. (I moved 2 rocks.....But none of my foundation rocks. :) And the rock I added is cured.) I am sure he'll be back out tomorrow when it is feeding time. :) The Duster and Xenias opened right up as soon as I removed myself from their territory. Now it just looks crowded even though it isn't. Still lots of caves and swim through and lots of center and side room to maneuver.

Next on my list.....GET SOME COLOR IN THERE!!!!

Well.... it does have some nice purple on the rocks. But other than that it is pretty bland.

Pics tomorrow when the lights are back on and the water is clear again. :grumble:

Seems like your set up is coming along. I added an additional 140lbs of rock to my display and my tank emptiness was no longer.

Yes, slowly but surly. :) I will do pics shortly. I have a couple things acclimating right now. This way they will all get their pics taken! :)

Ok...Updated photos. :)

Tank has been re-aquascaped a bit. More rock was added. (excuse the glare on the first one. It was a long shot)

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

Close ups of new additions:

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

And as you can see we have a couple more swimming additions. :) They went in last night. Eating well and prefer the back of the tank quite a bit of course. :grumble: Though luckily the back corners I can see from my desk. :)

pic2.jpg

The firefish was out until I grabbed the camera. And the 2 clowns are swimming around the tank more now that the daylights have kicked in..... :)

Last edited:
Everything look great Kati, good job!

Thanks! It finally has a bit of color. Things are getting nice and clear. Params have stayed steady.

Temp 79-80 deg
Amonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
KH 10
pH 8.0
Calcium 400
Phosp 0

Can someone confirm what the best range for pH and Calcium are for me? Do I need to raise either?

If everything is happy then it will probably be ok....the PH is generally ideal between 8.0 - 8.3 and will fluctuate during the 24hr cycle. Calcium is good maybe 430 if you are REALLY picky.

Awesome! Thank you for the info. :)

Everyone seems to be getting settled to the changes and they were out swimming. Caught them before they all darted to their respective "shelter."

pic7.jpg

Nice looking tank Kati. Watch that Xenia it'll take over if you're not careful. ;)

Yes! I am watching it carefully. LOL It is under threat of being taken back if it refuses to behave. :)

I can take it to the LFS to frag if it gets much bigger. Or trade it out.

Back