Kev's new 20 gal. reef sump free

i would personally go black, and my thinking on that is this: most of the plastic parts that are inside the tank are black, so they, in theory, should all but dissapear against a black background... at least till they get stuff growing on them...

K. Got everything good to go. Now on my way to get some rock!!

HPIM0328.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay! Picked up 13.6 lbs of fiji rock from one of the lfs. Will probably pick up the rest tomorrow. Probably going to finish the rest of the lbs with tonga branch.

Here are some picks of the first 13lbs of rock. I will also post more once it clears up a bit.

HPIM0334.jpg

HPIM0335.jpg

HPIM0336.jpg

HPIM0337.jpg

Here is the tank this morning after it has cleared up. Probably going to finish off the rest of the rock today.

HPIM0340.jpg

HPIM0339.jpg

Sorry for bad pics. I'll try to find a better camera to use.

Nice lookin tank, Kev. I really like the light. I'm partial to the bluer look. I have a deep blue background on my 5g, I prefer the black, though, I had that on my 75. It kept falling off, it wasn't paint, obviously, the 5g is. The rock work looks good, too.

Thanks everyone. Ya I wasn't sure about the black at first but I'm liking it alot now. And I love the lights!! Hopefully today I can add some pore pics when I get the rest of my rock!

Okay. Rock is done! Also got moon lights added. Everything is ready to go. Just needs to cycle and then I can start adding stuff!! Can't wait.

Here are some picks of the finished rockwork.

HPIM0341.jpg
[/IMG]
HPIM0346.jpg

HPIM0347.jpg

HPIM0349.jpg

HPIM0351.jpg

HPIM0350.jpg

HPIM0341.jpg

Kinda, the only one I know I want for sure is a clownfish. Other than that I plan on having about 4 fish in the end but I;m not entirely sure what just yet. I'm so excited tho.

Yep. Everything is moving along, but I did return that T5 setup I had. It was a hagen glo 24 in. and I loved it, but it was the single bulb and I didn't realize that they made a 24 in. double. So I ordered the double cause its only 7 dollars more. I plan on having a a actinic blue marine glo and a power glo 18,000 K lights. Anybody think I'll have any restrictions on what kind of corals I can have?

HPIM0357.jpg
[/IMG]

well the wattage you are thinking of isnt enough. With 48 watts on a 20 you are at 2.4 per gallon. You should have at least 4 watts per gallon. for sps or clams more like 8 watts would be better if not more. With 4 watts you can do softies, zoahs, and some lps if placed higher in the tank. Research before you buy so you know the light requirements for each type of coral you like.

Back