Kill my nudi's!!!

Marines_Wife

Reef enthusiast
A couple of weeks ago I found one insainly small nudi on my joker zoas. Not happy so I plucked it off and flushed it. Then today I found 2 more. they are ridiculously small, (thats actually the size of them on my finger nail) and I need to know what to get to kill them. I never had a problem before. Everything has always grown just fine, and I have added nothing new to my tank. More frustratingly anything I have added went through a coral dip.

Untitled by EspysWife, on Flickr

I have currently in the tank

2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Yellow Watchman
1 peppermint shrimp (maybe its been like a month since Ive seen him)
1 Skunk shrimp
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Blue Linckia
a shit ton of snails. Thats the count.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Im investing good money into beautiful zoas that I will be devastated if I continue to loose.

withfire.jpg

ugh... I had an infestation of them once took a month of dipping to get rid of the bastards :(

Zoa ENEMY #1
wwhatthehell.jpg

They ate through a colony of yellow polyps in 2days....

YES!!!!! Thats what they are!!!! I have no idea how they got in there but I have waged war.

three words Coral-RX Coral-RX Coral-RX.....

Like wade said don't wait dip them and dip them good. It may take a few dips over time but its better than losing your zoa to this pest....

I think mine came in on some live rock I had that had some buttons on it that just vanished (prob eaten by the nudi's)

Well Wade and I were talking about it and I think mine came in as eggs. I dipped everything in seachem before I put it in there and I havent had anything new in my tank. Honestly its like they came from no where. So I am going to take everything out and start working on it, how often did you dip yours? I was thinking like once a week for mine? Ive already lost one rasta to this damn things and a couple of jokers......

Well Wade and I were talking about it and I think mine came in as eggs. I dipped everything in seachem before I put it in there and I havent had anything new in my tank. Honestly its like they came from no where. So I am going to take everything out and start working on it, how often did you dip yours? I was thinking like once a week for mine? Ive already lost one rasta to this damn things and a couple of jokers......

well I dipped every time I saw one on my zoa alone side taking an eye dropper and sucking them up with it. it took a while for them to nuke out and become extinct but pests sometimes happen. You will make it through this just keep an eye out but as to how often I dipped it was about every 4-5 days when one would pop up and say hay you missed me :P

Back