Killed my foxface

VAreef

Reefing newb
Well I didn't actually kill him. I came inside today and found he somehow wormed his way into the overflow box and was caught in the current barrel rolling over and over. Well he wasn't dead. Got him back in the tank but he couldn't swim. I guess getting spun in circles for maybe hours could do that. well I caught him in a collection cup and for the next few hours I ran tank water in and out of it but I guess he was to far gone. First he stopped even trying to swim then he just gave it up. He was perfectly healthy this morning. This has worked up to be a real great weekend I tell ya.

That sucks, I'm sorry. I lost a lawnmower blenny that I was very attached to the same way a few years ago. Found him in the overflow, and when I moved him back to the tank, he wasn't able to pull through.

RIP your foxface :(

OH that sucks!!!!!!! I love foxfaces, and just got mine. I'd be sad. Ironically, my lawnmower blenny was in the overflow today :shock: Luckily, he wasn't caught in any current. It was a bitch fishing him out though. How'd your foxface get in there? I found the problem in my tank (which I've known about, but figured no one but the one chromis was stupid enough to get sucked in....then of course the blenny today). But I cut out some plastic mesh and fit it over the hole. My fish would have to push their way in to get in there.

Actually it was my fault I didn't use the mesh since it was causing bubbles in my overflow. I figured all the fish but the 2 damsels were too big to fit in there. The only way he coulda fit was sideways. there was literaly 1/4" of water he had to slip over to get in there. Needless to say I will deal with the bubbles from now on.

You do know Yote you picked that exact foxface out for me ;) Be on the look out for another for me. I've got the overflow safe now.

ahhh no good VA hope you can find a nice replacement! i to would be shattered if i lost my foxface :(

I have had clown fish, lawnmowers, and shrimp get stuck in my overflow. My problem with the mesh was that hair algea grew on it and started clogging it up. So I took it out and procedded to loose it. So now that the HA problem is gone, I cant find the mesh to put back in. But thankfully, only lost the peppermint and the clown and lownmower were fine.

Back