kilo's 100 gallon tall REEF!

I have the Aqua C Remora HOB, and it is pretty loud. It's in the same room as the TV, and it can get obnoxious at times. I tune it out, but it drives my husband nuts! He's got some hearing loss due to years of hunting/shooting without ear protection (he wears it now unless he's hunting, but he was young and stupid back then), and the skimmer messes with his ability to hear the TV at times. I hope your skimmer is a little quieter than mine is! That being said, it's a pretty effective skimmer for the price.

^ she has the right to remain silent lol hopefully the stand and some of the water (in sump skimmer) will quiet it down enough to not drive people crazy, i constantly have people at my house, majority of the reason my dad is footing the bill! :D sorry to hear your husband is old and stupid :mrgreen: just kidding!
in other news, i literally just got off the phone with a friend who has drilled quite a few tanks, he offered to do mine! so looks like me are taking the risk out of a HOB, and drilling it

is herbie style the best way to do this? and it wouldnt be a good idea to drill the bottom of the tank right?

Make sure your tank is acrylic and not glass. If it is glass, make sure it's not tempered. If it's tempered glass, you will shatter the bottom of your tank. Figured you know this but it never hurts to make sure you know :-D

I have no clue lol. Call the manufacturer? Some tanks will say it on the bottom "tempered glass" but I wouldn't say the absence of that message means you are in the clear. Anybody out there know of any way to tell?

Oops!
I lift checking how it flexes is put of the question, but it feels as smooth as a baby bottom, so my guess is regular plate glass.

Back