Kizmar's 120 gal

Interesting. The LFS told me it was completely safe, that it only feeds on a slime that you barely even notice. Maybe I incorrectly identified it when I was looking for the name.

So far all it's done is move around the glass near the top of the tank. I'll keep an eye on it though.

photo.jpg

Its reef safe but may not survive for long as your tank is new, there isn't much food for it to eat. from what I've read, it does best in large aquariums which your tank should be fine but they need an established tank of at least 6 months before being introduced to ensure theres plenty of food for it to eat. You may be okay as long as you don't add another starfish because they will compete for food. If you see any signs of distress i.e. color loss between spines, It would be safe to remove it in case it were to die.

K. Thanks for the info. It seems good so far. Moves around a lot. It's the only star fish and I don't plan in getting more.

Current stock update:

Fish
  • Tomini Tang
  • Leopard Wrasse
  • Blue Dot Jawfish
  • 2x Firefish
  • Court Jester Goby

Inverts
  • 2x Blood Red Shrimp
  • Electric Blue Hermit
  • 4x Emeral Crab
  • Long Spine Urchin
  • Blue Tuxedo Urchin
  • 3x Conch snails
  • 3x Nass snails

Coral frags
  • Green Apple Cap
  • Green Fluorescent Mushroom
  • Red Mushroom
  • Green Lavender Mushroom
  • White Lavender Mushroom
  • Colony Polyp Orange/Green
  • Colony Polyp Maroon/Red
  • Hammer
  • Green Polyp Duncan

Nice stock list so far. What's next for fish? If I were you, I'd get another swimmer instead of one that stays in the rocks or sand. And no reef tank is complete without one or two brittle or serpent stars.

Nice stock list so far. What's next for fish? If I were you, I'd get another swimmer instead of one that stays in the rocks or sand. And no reef tank is complete without one or two brittle or serpent stars.

I'm thinking a pair of clowns might be next. Maybe another type of Leopard Wrasse. I'm still trying to come up with another type of fish that's shaped kind of like a tang or butterfly that won't get much larger then 6" and is peaceful.

I'd like to end up with a Coral Beauty, but we'll see how things go over the next few months.

Also, I'm almost certain I saw a really small brittle star in the LR. I'm waiting to see if it shows up somewhere.

There is that worry. Although, with Brian's link it seems that you would be able to differentiate in a QT tank and contact the company you bought it from if they sent you the wrong one. I'm still waffling on this one too, cuz dang it, that fish is pretty!

Back