Kizmar's 120 gal

While I'm at it... here are a few more pictures I took with the new lights (and new camera that I still need to figure out)...

These are my green SPS that I thought died during my water issue a few weeks back. They're healing nicely!
sps-healing.jpg

My clowns by the red bubble tip I'm hoping they'll use some day. :)
clowns.jpg

The toadstool that had previously dropped most of it's tentacles is doing great now.
toadstool.jpg

This is a leather I picked up at the LFS because of it's color... but... I can't remember what it's called (let me know if YOU know :)).
EDIT: I did an auto-color adjust on this picture and it really brought out the different LED colors on the sand. Damn I love these lights.
unknown.jpg

Last edited:
As the Radions slowly fade to the night setting... corals look AMAZING! Why everyone wouldn't want a saltwater tank is beyond me. ;)

red-bubble-tip-00.jpg

red-bubble-tip-01.jpg

Last edited:
That was a really cool video. Your tank is amazing!

I don't know much about Harlequin Shrimp but they seem very interesting. Do you have a link to a good online guide to their care? I know they only eat starfish.
Let's say you buy a starfish from the LFS and toss it in there and they begin eating it. If it lasts a few weeks does the starfish die and break down in your tank? Would this be an issue for a smaller tank?

Amazing pictures, too! :-)

That was a really cool video. Your tank is amazing!
Amazing pictures, too! :-)

Thanks. :)

I don't know much about Harlequin Shrimp but they seem very interesting. Do you have a link to a good online guide to their care? I know they only eat starfish.

I originally ended up getting a Harlequin because they a) look awesome and b) eat starfish (specifically asterina starfish). During the research phase of this one, I was looking for something to control the population of asterinas in my tank and this was the option I chose. Care: there really isn't much to speak of other then the fact that they only eat starfish. They're like any other shrimp outside of that.

Let's say you buy a starfish from the LFS and toss it in there and they begin eating it. If it lasts a few weeks does the starfish die and break down in your tank? Would this be an issue for a smaller tank?

From my observations thus far; the starfish stay alive (unfortunately for THEM) until the bitter end. I've even seen part of a single leg trying to get away from the Harlequin. I'm thinking the Harlequin knows what to save for last so they always have a fresh meal. ;)

I'm way more excited about this then I should be, but this morning I found my Clownfish hosting in the anemone for the first time!

Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82qf8KIG3Jg&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Clownfish Hosting - YouTube[/ame]

Back