Leather toadstool

algy1943

Reefing newb
My large toadstool is new to my tank, it doesn't seem to like led lighting , opens at night when only the moon phase is on , come around 1pm it starts to close up and by 2pm has folded up and is completely closed , if I come down at night when moon phase turns off it has opened , my lighting is Eco Lamps KR92 and is the most expensive kits on sale today , it's position at the moment is on the sand bed because when it was half way up never opened at all , any suggestions please:frustrat::frustrat:

Are your leds dimmable ???? I would dimm them about 25 % and see if that helps. then slowly bring it back up. If not dimmable then place it at the bottom of the tank and work your way up slowly. if its already at the bottom then move your leds up about 8 to 10 inches and move them down slowly.

Hi Algy, I had the same thing. So I put my toadstool on the sandbed under a shaded rock overhang, then gradually moved him a little more out every week. Now he seems happy and is open during the day, he's about 1/4. of the way up the tank.

Hi guys, my toadstool seems ok now it is on the sand bed and is open all day but I still can't seem to lower my nitrates , using the API test kit the reading is 40ppm , yet using the Hagen test kit the reading is 15ppm so I don't know which one to trust , as I have previously said I am dosing with RedSea No3: Po4 -X but I have only used 4 doses of 7.5 ml so far :frustrat:

Back