lighting

diver

Reefing newb
I have another question, different subject....
I am looking at 2 setups, a Satellite 4x65w pc (model 1016) and an Orbit with identical setup, 4x65w( model 1024). The only difference I see from specs is the Orbit is 6 lbs. heavier, 1" wider, has 4 moonlights vs. 2 for the Satellite and is $38 more.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with these setups?

Daugherty,
I just looked at the Nova Extremes...comparable size is 4x54w, for slightly less money. Is this better than the pc lights, even tho less wattage? What do you think is the difference?

as far as i know they have moe intensity. i do not run them i run a combo of pcs and metal halides. everybody here loves them. look for the ones that have the indivudual reflectors they are a little more expensive but makes the light more intense. i think they are nova pro but i am not sure. some body else will tell you here soon i am sure. or check these out
Lightings

I checked it, unfortunately I need a 48", I'm back up to 350, I may just go with nova ex. t5's- they may be a good compromise for me

Go with T5 over PCs. Even though the PCs have more wattage. I used the Nova Extreme T5s over my old 55 gallon tank, and was able to keep everything, including SPS and anemones. T5s by far outperform PCs.

My 75 gal is abt. 18" deep, with 1" to 4" of live sand, depending on which critter is sculpting it at the time. I think a good price/performance compromise would be the Nova extreme T5 HO - I always like to get the best if possible, but I think/hope these should work. Besides, live rock and livestock is expensive too.:twocents:

thanks for all the input, it has helped alot.

I suppose I have to get a fancy timer now, too.

My vote goes for T-5s too.
Not only will you get more light.But you'll have a lot less heat and wont have to worry about buying new bulds as often.

Back