Lighting

Awesome, I'll have to do that in a few months. I'm going to be using the aquapod lights until I have more money.

If I get a refund on this tank (if seller dosen't respond in 9 days now, I get a full refund and if not Paypal decides what to do) then I am going to use a 10 gallon tank and get a Current USA subcurrent filter (it's basically the back of the aquapod) and a heater, and that should be all I need before I start mxing the salt.

Hopefully this works out, or my amount of time and money needed just went up a lot.

Should I make a small refugium for a 10 gallon tank, or is it even worth it?

I want to get maybe a 3-5 gallon tank just so some copepods can breed. This will happen a few months after the tank is established and only if I notice the pods are getting eaten before they can breed.

Well I bought an aquapod off of ---- and UPS destroyed all of the glass. I am in the midst of trying to get a refund and UPS has contacted me so now it's just a waiting game.

Anyways, I don't have a pic but I tore off the filter and air pump from the back of the glass. I have to do a little sanding before putting it into a tank to smooth the edges a bit, but other than that it has 3 spots where it's missing some glass.

But to my question, if I glue or something a few pieces of plastic form Home Hardware or somerthing would the iflter be working perfectly? As in would a little leak from the filter affect the flow and/or contaminate the already treated water?

Please ask if you don't get what I mean. Thanks.

So I have a Maxi Jet powerhead but without anything to make it suction onto so I have it at the bottom of the tank now.

Where can I get suction cups for it, the LFS or can I rig it to hook onto a normal suction cup?

Can I just use a normal magnet? I asked on another forum and they told me to get a special type, as putting metal into the tank isnt a good idea?

your opinions?

The difference is,the mag-floats are encased in plastic.Other than that,there just like the magnets that run the speakers on your car radio.

Hey guys. I quit coming here for awhile, but I'll update yah on my tanks progress...

Basically I have 11 lbs of rock and 2 clowns in there now. I put them in a week or so ago. I am going to get some hermits and/or snails soon.

My PH = 8.0 , Ammonia = 0, Nitrate/trite = 0 temp is 78 and S.G. is 1.028.

I am working at bring the S.G. down, but the fish don't seem to mind.

I've had a few hitch hikers show up, such as some snails, a bristle worm and some amphipods.

Ok, I'll let you see some pics of the progress so far:

This is just letting the rock cure
FullTankShotafterLR.jpg

This is after the sand had settled:
P1010019.jpg

This is after the fish were added:
P1010057.jpg

And this is my fish Tiger:
P1010060.jpg

Back