Lighting

Ok, so I received my aquarium today... smashed!

The shipper didn't even put a fragile sticker on the box... Anyways if I don't get a refund I plan on getting a normal 10 gallon tank and taking out the back of the aquapod and osmehow glue or stick it to the back of the tank, and just putting the lights over top. Do you think this idea will work?

Oh and there isn't a filter on the back, so I was thinking of just getting the Taam Rio Nano skimmer, and havbe the live rock as filtration, would that be sufficient, especially if I do regular water changes?

Last edited:
Ok, sorry for the double post, but this is kind of a way for me to plan out what I'm going to do.

I think I am going to just get a power head, and do water changes and wait for the protein skimmer. I have a pump in the back of the aquapod, and I will try and attach this to my new 10 gallon aquarium as well as another power head.

Does this sound like enough filtration, along wiht maybe some bio balls or another product you might recommend?

Ok, so I guess I'm an idiot. The filter is there, it just needs the media. It is a 3 stage system and it requires a sponge, bio balls and carbon. How do these fit in? If someone has pics of an aquapod that would help me a lot.

I think I might just buy these items and stick the whole filter into a 10 gallon tank. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it in there, (maybe suction pads or something).

It came with a 160 gph pump, is this enough flow for a 10 gallon?

This sucks, if I don't get a return I'm in for a lot more work, and now I am really running out of money. haha oh well, time to go get a job (still in school, but I have 8 months off after this semester).

That was a new tank right?
If somebody dont replace it,somebody need to go to court.Its not cheap by anymeans when you have a tank shipped.

It was a used one, but there is a return policy on it if it dosen't come in as described. And it was described as having no leaks ahaha.

Anyways, if worse comes to worse I don't think it will be that bad as I have the filter, air pump and lighting which is the main parts.

If I can get picks to the top of an aquapod it would help if I don'ty get a return, I'm not sure exactly where to put in all the filter media and how to set it up.

If I don't get a return then basically I have to work with what I know have, which sucks... but I plan on getting this aquarium from my LFS (well it isn't local, its a 1-- km drive, or an hour drive) http://www.incredibleaquarium.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=204

I think I will glue or stick the filter onto the back and have the lighting over top. It's a little budget but I think it will do the trick.

Is this a good idea? Give me some suggestions please.

It was a used one, but there is a return policy on it if it dosen't come in as described. And it was described as having no leaks ahaha.

Well have you tried filling it?? Are you sure it leaks?? :D

(That was my attempt at sarcasm, hahaha!)

The tank you linked to looks fine, my only warning is that it's 20" long, so finding a light fixture to fit that will be a challenge (if you are going for a reef tank, you should get T5 lights, and they are made in 24" lengths). If there's any chance you can get 5 more gallons and get a 20 gallon tank instead of the 15 gallon tank, it should only cost a few bucks more, and it's dimensions will be easier to find equipment for.

Yeah they have like every kind of tank, at good prices. I might go down to the 10 gallon though, just because money issues.

If I left the lighting for the aquapod on top of the aquarium on a grating or something would that be good enough for at least coralline growth?

you should tell this guy you want a refund on the tank and the shipping you paid because that not expectable to ship a glass tank and not put fragile on the side, and if he doesnt do it file a dispute with your CC company

you should tell this guy you want a refund on the tank and the shipping you paid because that not expectable to ship a glass tank and not put fragile on the side, and if he doesnt do it file a dispute with your CC company

Yup I just filed a dispute with paypal. Sure hope it works out, but he dosen't seem to be resppnding much...

Well I guess I have nothing to do but wait... The seller seemed really nice when I talked to him before, he said he even paid more money for shipping than I paid, but he hasn't replied on anything yet.

Hopefully if it comes down to it Paypal makes him pay and I don't have to send back anything haha, that would be amazing (yet doubtful).

Ok I took the glass off. Is there any way to test if the pump is working, it moves when its plugged in but I tried to dip in water and there was no flow, not sure if I have it set up right?

Anyways if I don't get a refund at least I have a filter and lights...

Well the seller has 9 days to respond in the resolution center for paypal or I just got my tank for free.

If this happened, well I'll probably just use the lighting and buy a new filter.

Back