Lighting

Untitled-1.jpg

I remember reading in one of the magazines,where a guy actually set up a tidal pool refugium.Complete with high and low tides and hot water temps.It looked awesome.

I remember reading in one of the magazines,where a guy actually set up a tidal pool refugium.Complete with high and low tides and hot water temps.It looked awesome.

for a tide, wouldn't you just need 2 pumps? 2 at once = high tide, 1 pump= low tide?

Hahaha Nudy did all the work for you!

Nudy's suggestion is a good one. Drs. Foster and Smith has the lowest prices in the industry, a great variety, and you will be able to get everything you need from one place. Plus, they don't charge extra to ship heavy stuff like salt, rock or sand, so you can get that all there too.

Hmm, I may get it from there, but there's a Canadian site which offers free shipping on orders over $100, so I might just buy everything there. The live orkc is $6 a pound though.

you can buy 20 pounds of dry base rock and then seed it with 5 pounds of live rock and save alot of money since dry base rock can be found for about a dollar a pound

Ok, so I'm going to start asking some very basic and stupid questions here, so bare with me :P

What do I do first, do I add the sand and all of the rock and then add the water that is mixed with the salt? Or how do I go about putting the different components in?

Also how do you know if the tank is done cycling?

And do any of you have a link to the basic steps to set up an aquarium, I can't find any.

you should put the water in first, then put in the sand and then the rock. youll know the cycle is over when you test your water and your ammonia is 0 your nitrite is 0 and then you do a water change to export the nitrates

Back