Lights.

My power compacts total 186W and I haven't had an issue, but thats certainly an interesting question. Is that a per outlet or total draw recommendation?

My power compacts total 186W and I haven't had an issue, but thats certainly an interesting question. Is that a per outlet or total draw recommendation?

How do you like the Power Compacts? I have seen a few here and there. Do they support your coral? Are they cheaper? the ones that I have seen seem to be a little more expensive making me wonder what the benefit of buying them is considering all the sites say the latest and greatest are the T5's. Feed back and opinions?

They've been fine, I've gotten pretty good growth even on my one SPS frag, but I have a small tank. If I was doing it again with the same start up budget I would have gone with T-5s, not as much for the amount of light but for the control over light color. PCs are pretty limited with your bulb choices.

Cherry Corals (Cherry Corals) have T-5s over their frag tanks and the colors are just amazing.

That being said, I'm upgrading to LEDs in March for more light, better color, lower electrical cost, and no bulb replacement. - www.aquaillumination.com

They've been fine, I've gotten pretty good growth even on my one SPS frag, but I have a small tank. If I was doing it again with the same start up budget I would have gone with T-5s, not as much for the amount of light but for the control over light color. PCs are pretty limited with your bulb choices.

Cherry Corals (Cherry Corals) have T-5s over their frag tanks and the colors are just amazing.

That being said, I'm upgrading to LEDs in March for more light, better color, lower electrical cost, and no bulb replacement. - AI - life illuminated

Thanks. I've been to the site and did really like all the had to offer. I found some cheaper strips from marineland or something and they looked nice but reading about them I heard that nothing LED is cheap therefore I thought it was to good to be true. How much watts would be sufficient to maintain corrals and fish? Assuming its not the same as other lights at 4 watts per gallon.

Ok if you havent bought anything yet, and you wanna buy cheap, i got mine from here:

Metal Halide System

These guys are great, lights come with everything including ballasts, moon leds, t5 with metal halide.
Just check em out.
Hope this helps!!! :)

Ok if you havent bought anything yet, and you wanna buy cheap, i got mine from here:

Metal Halide System

These guys are great, lights come with everything including ballasts, moon leds, t5 with metal halide.
Just check em out.
Hope this helps!!! :)

Wow very nice lights. Haven't seen anything that cheap and that powerful yet. The cheaper of the 48" systems has both T5's and MH along with moon lighting. Why are they so cheap. 600+ watts are way more than I'll need for anything in a 55 if I'm not mistaken. So I assume both are way better than the other two I suggested for myself correct?

Why are they so cheap I really can't believe it sounds to good to be true. I was reading the reviews and the only one that makes me even hesitant to buy it is the one saying it does not fit on standard 48" tanks. That's what My 55 is. Any suggestions.

I can't speak to the MH system, but the Coralife T5 system you linked is the T5 equivalent to my PC system. I've been happy with the performance of my PC system.

Those are nice lights, I'm using the 760w older version on my 75, and Cathic just picked up that new one a couple weeks ago for his 75. I'm not sure what people are saying they don't fit "standard" 48" tanks, it fits mine just fine. Is it the length or width they're saying it doesn't fit?

Those are nice lights, I'm using the 760w older version on my 75, and Cathic just picked up that new one a couple weeks ago for his 75. I'm not sure what people are saying they don't fit "standard" 48" tanks, it fits mine just fine. Is it the length or width they're saying it doesn't fit?

Wait sorry I did know what PC means. And I'm not sure I just read the reviews on the lower voltage one and someones comment said they don't accommodate standard 48" tanks. Mines standard so that has me doubting them.

Wait sorry I did know what PC means. And I'm not sure I just read the reviews on the lower voltage one and someones comment said they don't accommodate standard 48" tanks. Mines standard so that has me doubting them.

I'm not sure why the person wrote that review but, the length of the fixture is the same as the higher wattage one and that one fits just fine on a 48" tank. Cathic just got one of the brand new ones for his tank https://www.livingreefs.com/new-odyssea-t31139.html

I'm not sure why the person wrote that review but, the length of the fixture is the same as the higher wattage one and that one fits just fine on a 48" tank. Cathic just got one of the brand new ones for his tank https://www.livingreefs.com/new-odyssea-t31139.html

Thanks I just checked out his review. I saw the picture he took of the light and there was no splash guard. I dont think there was one at least could you validate this. If there is not one is it still ok to put on my tank. I guess I would just need a glass canopy if there isn't one?

Back