list for my 46 bow front

hey guys i need some help i dont know what fish to add in my 46 g reef tank i
only have a clown fish. i cant think of what to add ,can you and you help me on making a list.i do want to have a cleaner shrimp,fire shrimp... thats all i can think of.

Theres a pic of my thank.
IMAG0354.jpg

From what I have heard about slugs, they are really hard to keep and if and when they die, they can nuke your tank. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I think I saw something about that in a thread earlier this year. You could do a bunch of chromis and have a little school or a few clowns and a big nem once your tank has perfect water quality.

Slug = nudibranch

The wont nuke your tank when they die, but they obligate eater. So if you get a lettuce nudibranch you need to make sure you have bryopsis algae (its the only thing they eat) or you have another home full of algae for them, otherwise they will starve to death.

i have a long spined sea urchin who does a fab job of keeping all the algae down in the tank and is really easy to care for you just need to be careful when putting your hand in the tank not to get stung off him i have forgotten about him a few time and just stuck my hands in the water and almost getting stung.... dwarf angels are nice i have a coral beauty and also fire fish are nice to but can jump out the tank if scared !!

May I suggest:

Starry Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby (sand sifter that will help keep your sand clean)
African Flameback Angel
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
Midas Blenny

The blennies can't be kept together, and I wouldn't suggest putting ALL these fish in your tank. It's just a variety of fish that would probably do well in your tank, tend to be fairly colorful and easy to keep, and are generally peaceful community fish. I know there are a couple people here with starry blennies that adore them, and those of us with Midas Blennies really like them too (mine is currently my favorite fish). And everyone with a yellow watchman thinks they are great. Anyway, those are my suggestions........

From what I have heard about slugs, they are really hard to keep and if and when they die, they can nuke your tank. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I think I saw something about that in a thread earlier this year. You could do a bunch of chromis and have a little school or a few clowns and a big nem once your tank has perfect water quality.

I like the way you think but if im correct I can only have 2 clowns right..i would love a school of clowns. And chromis.

no you could keep quiet a few clowns of the same species together just dont mix them with other species and chromis will live along with the clowns ...

You couldn't keep shrimp but you could get this thing. He looks awesome and very exotic but doesn't look that hard to keep (I could be TOTALLY wrong on this btw but I mean come on, look at him!)

Wartskin Angler

The angler will need a tank by himself, they can eat fish just about as big as they are.

Also the only way you could do a school of clowns is to buy the school direct from the breeder. You cant just go to the store and buy a bunch of clowns, the dominate ones will kill the others off until you have only two left.

You cant put anything else with the Angler? If I was going to do like a nano 24gal tank with one in there, is there any normal fish that would work??

Well, its going to turn into lunch. These guys are excellent ambush hunters.

They also change colors so dont expect the one you get to stay like that unless you put bright colors into the tank so he blends in.

Back