Little F^@ker!!!!!

D. French, I have been keeping big angels in my reef tank for over a year and the only problem I have ever had was from those stupid little pygmy angels. My emperors, blue, koran, never so much as touched an LPS or softie (except my xenia, but I knew that one was toast). This little guy just bought the farm - but I will of course take him back to the store.

I will not kill it, don't worry. I just hope I can catch him without tearing down my tank. I will not try a risky fish in my reef tank again. I will just keep those in my 125 downstairs. I may even drop the keyhole in the 125 and let the koran play with him for a while.

If my "trap" doesn't work, I may be in a bind to try to catch him. I may need some new ideas.

As for being mad at it, of course I realize the risk I took. I just never thought he would turn on me like that. Just hurt my feelings

-Doc

not a bad idea. If my make-shfit POS doesn't work in two or three days I may check into that

-Doc

good hunting dr marco..i guess the only way to catch the bastard is with an old fasshion net..some rocks out..and a lot of patience...its hard to mix angels and corals...as reef said..carefull with the plastic cap on the lobo..it can interfere with the nutrients exchange and ligth needs.. good luck

I have caught any fish I have wanted to with a plastic bottle. Cut half of the bottom out big enough that the fish can get in easy. On the end with the cap put its favorite food. I did notice if you put sand on the bottom and lay it flat they will go in to grab the food in no time at all. After it is in the bottle dive in the tank and cover the hole with a net. Works everytime if your fish love food as much as mine. I caught 4 damsels and 2 clowns in 30 minutes. Good luck with the hunting Dr.

that is the plan, but I think that the hole isn't big enough. I may have to cut out a slightly bigger hole for the freaking fish

-Doc

I turned the bottle on its side with the coral the keyhole was attacking as bait. I tried feeding in it and all the fish found it interesting, especially the regal tang, but no one else entered the bottle. I am hoping that in a few days, everyone will jump in and I can catch him. I will also check from time to time to check to see if he swims in to nip at the coral. I figure if the coral is OK with my lights off for 5 days, it should be OK in there for a few days as well. There are holes cut into the side of the bottle as well to help with flow

Here is a pic. Sand is weighing it down as well as the coral

PC010001.jpg

-Doc

not a bad idea. If my make-shfit POS doesn't work in two or three days I may check into that

-Doc

Doc,
Just take a trip down to your local wal-mart and get you a cheap pack of hooks and some fishing line.Put a piece of bait on the hook,and jerk his coral nippin a$$ outta there.

I am afraid that I would hook my Regal Tang if I went fly fishing. I may try spear fishing or loading my syringe with salt and water and burning out its gills, If I can get close enough

-Doc

Yeah....um....I am not that good at fishing. I don't know when to set the hook and with my luck, Dory would attack and kill herself. I will try it if this idea don't work.

-Doc

Yote you really need to post a vid of hooking a damnsil

Aint got no DAMNsels in my tank.
But hey,If I got a fish causing a problem,I'll break out the bass rig and set a hook on it.Lifes to short to have to re-aquascape because of a fish.:mrgreen:

But next I'll get the video for you.:D

Take the coral out and put its favorite food in the cap. Watch that fish swim in there and bam the next thing you know he is mounted on the f--king wall baby.

I did put in food, and no one entered but the Regal Tang. It ate almost all of it, while other fish just waited outside to watch. I am hoping that it will take interest tomorrow. I am not giving up

-Doc

Back