Little Fish's 46

Re: little_fish's 55

Just start stacking them up, and see how you like it. You don't have a "Bunch" of rock, so take your time and change it around a bit to suit your taste. The shrooms will be okay, just move them up to the front of the glass til you decide where you want to put them in regards to your rock work.

Looks good. Like Wade said, just be patient with your rocks and aquascaping. Many of us have rescaped our tanks several times before we finally got something we're happy with or just tired of moving stuff around.

Those shrooms will be just fine. They're just getting used to your tank conditions. They'll be out and about in no time.

I have waay to much light for them. They came from a tank with only PC lights (which needed new bulbs or something) and then they went to my tank with the T5. I had them under a little bridge so they were shaded but now the piece that made the bridge is gone. So they are like my hungover friends on a sunday when i open the curtains, freakin out cuz it bright out! Or so i hope . . . how horrible would it be if i managed to kill some mushrooms?

if they're the only coral in there you can always cut back your lighting so they can get used to it and slowly bring it back to your normal lighting period.

Two things... I love the Simpsons poster. It is totally my computer background.
And what store are you talking about? Where is it? I am always on the lookout for stores we haven't been to.

Hahaha thanks. I was going to put it as the backgroud but it was already stuck to the wall and the off centerness drove me nuts, although only seeing part of it is now also driving me crazy.
The fish store is denver tropical wholesale. Sounded totally strange but checked it out anyways and I was very impressed. A very clean store, live stock looks great and the guy was very knowlegable. He was also super nice. I'm considering getting one of the ribbion eels in a couple of weeks beecause I'm having a hard time finding other fish I want to put in with them. I want to get a lepoard wrasse but I would need to get a bigger one and you can't even find little ones around here. I'm just worried my tank isn't quite ready for such a large jump in bio load. I guess I could adding damsels and hope they eat them . . . Just kidding

I'd advise to wait for a bit to get the leopard wrasse. Their feeding requirements are the same as mandarins -- a lot of them will only eat live foods. You need an established tank to support one.

Well i went and got some more live rocks with coral attached. The tank looks a little cluttered, but everything looks pretty good. There are couple of frags they just gave me, they dont look so hot and im not sure that they are going to make it, but we will see.
I have already been warned that the white flowery ones can get out of hand so i need to keep an eye on them.

DSCN2696.jpg

I have also ordered my seahorses, so the damsels had better enjoy their last week here!

That's a good sized leather you've got there. I don't see the "white flowery" corals you're talking about, if they're Kenya trees, yes they can get out of hand.

From the research i did last night, im pretty sure they are pulsing xenia.

Sadly my poor crapy digital camera cannot even take mildly ok pictures of stuff in my tank.

Major day for the tank. First the damsels have been removed, which was one hell of experience. I ended up having to take almost every rock out of the tank. But i got those little f*ckers out of there and traded them for some turbo snails. The turbo snails then proceeded to have some strange snail orgy on my glass, even the one already in the tank joined in the fun. But, rewinding several hours i also pulled out all the rocks that had major algae issues and cleaned them off. With all the rock moved and what not i reaquascaped and i like now. I like the negative space in the middle. Now over the next few weeks i need to figure out some hitching post for the ponies. I also need to get a good CUC. The guy i want to get it from however wont be back till the 15th of October so im going to have to cripple it out till then.

Also the trumpet coral looks like its going to make it! It is starting to put flesh back on the exposed areas. And the monti(?) maybe, not sure what it is is also looking good. It puts out these little feelers so im assuming that its happy. The leather hasnt put its polyps back out and im not sure why. They told me that it was in the process of dropping a frag (and i believe them, i can see it) so it may be moody until the process is done. The mushroom rock with its billions of babies was finally looking better, but now that i moved everything again it is probably super duper pissed again. Oh well, cant please everyone!

And now the good stuff, the pics!

DSCN2738.jpg

DSCN2741.jpg

and the snail orgy . .. .
DSCN2722.jpg

I have some more water in the making to fill the tank back up, i removed about 3 gallons for the seahorse training tank. Hopefully i can post some clearer pics tomorrow

Back