Little Fish's 46

Do it! you wont be disappointed! They are so cool, they come up to the front of the tank and they greet me everyday, and they are so involved and interested in what is going on. They have such great personalities.

Ended up pulling out the camera to take some pics of pico, so i figured i would snap a shot of the big tank while i was at it. The marco is growing in really nicely, i really it.

DSCN2913.jpg

So nothing new to the tank, but i was being a total creeper and took pics of the seahorses as they danced around the tank. We are having babies pretty regularly, but i havent worked out a good way to collect them so i can get them to a women who is going to try and grow them out. She has had awesome success with clowns, 6 lines, cardinals and something else i think, so i have high hopes.

DSCN2930.jpg

DSCN2921.jpg

DSCN2920.jpg

So i havent updated this in forever because, well several reasons.

1. I hate how this tank is set up. I hate my rocks. there is no place to put frags, you cant stack them, and i just want to start fresh. So in a few months im going to get rid of this tank, upgrade to a 75 and start with all new rocks im going to order from marco or TBS. I also am going to build a new stand so i can have a sump and scrubber. I also think with a larger tank ill have it a little bit easier with the algae and general maintenance.

2. I have had a disastrous time with the seahorses. It is really hard for me to admit that things didnt go well with them and that i had to give them a better home. I had a very unusual experience with them, most people never have the problems i had. One thing that was my fault is that i didnt train them to eat very well. The other issues was that my male seahorse constantly had pouch infections, which then spread to the girl. I didnt have the resources to treat them. I am deeply ashamed that i got these creatures and didnt make sure that if something went wrong i would be able to deal with it. I still love seahorses, and someday im going to have an amazing seahorse tank, but today is not that day.

But here are some current pics:
Usually there is more macro in there, but it has gotten popular around here so ive been giving some of it away. Especially now that there are no seahorses to hold on to it. Ive also build a frag rack to hold my frags because i really have no place to put them on the rocks ive got. Also with the seahorses gone im going to add a few more powerheads to try and work on the algae issue ive got going.
DSC_0020-1.jpg

Here is my new clam. Its Sqamosa (?) clam. I really like it, it not the usual Maximas you see.
DSC_0018-1.jpg

And my leather, which i love! So bright and pretty!
DSC_0019-1.jpg

sry bout the seahorses, what do you think your going to stock the 75 with? macro rock is great its stacks really nice and holds well. also plenty of holes for plugs.

I really just want to focus on the corals in the 75. I think ill put a couple of pipes in there, a coral beauty or flame, a pair of clowns. I kinda want to go with the minimalist look.

Ya. Now that ive done this once, i really see how i want to improve my build and i have a really good idea of what i want in an aquarium.

I think it will turn out much better

so here are the last inhabitants of the tank.

DSC_0011-1.jpg

And some pics of my frags so i can track their growth.
DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016-2.jpg

If you look veeeeery carefully through the algae you can see the Simpsons checking out the corals.

Back