Little Fish's 46

Ok, here are some pics now that the dust has settled.

DSCN2750.jpg

DSCN2751.jpg

its getting better!!!

DSCN2752.jpg

The mushroom rock of a billion babies. I hope a few of them get sick of living here and float off and live some place else in the tank.

DSCN2753.jpg

and idea of what the encrusting coral is? monti perhaps?

DSCN2755.jpg

Moved the babies in and now really freak out that their is too much flow and not enough hitching posts. Probably going to unplug one of the powerheads

DSCN2774.jpg

Ok, fiddled a bit with the flow and i think everything is ok now. They have not figured out the tubes as hitching posts, but i hope they do soon. I added several more than what in the above picture. I also took pity on the little boy and added his beloved thermometer and he is happily hanging off of it.

Anways, hopefully tomorrows feedings will go well, this are a bit bigger now.

And stay tuned for the algae scrubber build!

Ok, added a bunch of hitching posts, survived one feeding and the babies are looking good! Although they have not really figured out the tubes as hitching posts, either that or they just like the rocks better. They definitely liked the rocks better then the tubes in the training tank . . . .

DSCN2792.jpg

DSCN2790.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

DSCN2779.jpg

Notice how good the trumpet coral looks! Its ALIVE!!!!

So i added some pretty macro algae to the tank. I also removed all the tubes, because they werent using them, but they (the girl at least) loves the new stuff, and i think they are much happier. She definitely spends more time crawling around and exploring. The boy just kinda hangs out in his man cave, but seems to be quite happy with it. He is always exploring his nooks and crannies.

DSCN2808.jpg

and some close-ups

DSCN2805.jpg

I had to stick the new algae under the rocks because it kept flying away, so hopefully when i return on Tuesday it wont have gotten out of control on the rocks . . .

So the local reefing club around here has an awesome coral program called "dont break the chain" so basically everyone gives away corals, it is a great way to get and give corals! And i got a bunch! So i have a bunch of pics!

DSCN2840.jpg

DSCN2849.jpg

DSCN2851.jpg

DSCN2861.jpg

DSCN2846.jpg

And here is a cute pic of Clyde looking out from his man cave. You can also see the trumpet coral looking bombdiggidy

Well, the prolifera is doing great, it is growing well and its well behaved so far. The banana caulerpa didnt make it, however i think that was due to a fluke in shipping (most of it was dead/dying when it arrived). A friend of mine also has it and it is doing well in her tank. Im going to call the guy on monday and 99% sure he will replace it, he is very nice and helpful. So hopefully it will ship better the second time around.

So nothing too new going on in the tank, but i have some nice pictures of the ponies so i figured i would share them! They had babies about a week ago, and then they courted like mad for a few days, which was fun because they were both out and about, dancing and looking their best. And now we should have some more babies in a week or two! These babies are going to be given to a local reefer who has had great success with clowns, bangii (?) cardinals, and 6 line wrasses. So hopefully she will be able to raise several and then i can have some of the babies! Yay!

DSCN2896.jpg

DSCN2900.jpg

arent they so cute all matchy matchy! When they dance together they look like panda bears with really dark faces and a stripe down the back, the rest being very yellow. Ill try and get a pic next time . . .

DSCN2902_2.jpg

I entered the above in the POTM contest, so go out and show your seahorse love and vote for me!!

Back