Little Fish's 46

little_fish

YAY! After months of waiting i have finally started my tank!!!!!!!!!

Here she empty . . .

DSCN2631.jpg

and halfway filled . . . .

DSCN2634.jpg

Not exactly what i planned but im going to make it work. I want to put a tiny sump in the middle section of the stand but im having a hard time finding a container to fit in there. Oh well, ill keep looking.

Also i think the lights that i have are T5s. There is one day light bulb and one actin bulb. What are my limitations on corals with this. I think the daylight bulb is something like 1200 kW (or whatever unit of energy).

DSCN2633.jpg

And possible stocking list:
flame angel
fuzzy dwarf
some sort of butterfly (love the copperband, but worried about keeping it alive, any other suggestions?)
And i also know there are the other little hidy fish like the gobies, blennies, firefish etc . . .

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: little_fish's 55

Does the light have four separate (long and skinny) bulbs, or is each pair of bulbs connected to each other at the base?

Those are PC lights. You'll be able to keep low-light corals and probably most LPS corals under those. I don't think they'll be strong enough for anemones, SPS corals or clams. PCs are the low guys on the totem pole when it comes to lighting strength/quality. But they work just fine for most corals.

Its a good think Saltwater king isnt here. He would have me believe i could do all sorts of crazy things with those lights ;) including save the world

Its a good think Saltwater king isnt here. He would have me believe i could do all sorts of crazy things with those lights ;) including save the world

Hahahaha!!! Add some StressZyme, and I think we'll have figured out a way to obtain world peace.

I think your tank is going to look great. Aquascaping always looks better in bows, for some reason...

You know with a name like StressZyme maybe he was onto something . . . perhaps we should start pouring it down violent criminal's throats . . . . starting with Berry Pepper or whatever his name was.

good start there fish :) stocking list looks alright, just watch out with the lion he will eat anything that fits in his mouth ;)

Here it is filled with its first inhabitants: Bert and Ernie. They will not be permeant residence. They will be replaced by one of the permeant residence or be eaten if i cant get them out. Current plan is an aggressive reef. Over the summer a new LFS open and the the place is really spiffy and the guy who runs is very nice and educated. He has frozen trained ribbon eels, and i would just love one. I suspect ill be hanging out there a bunch making sure that this guy is legit and getting to know the eels. Ill take some pics of the store next time im there.

DSCN2649-1.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

Ok, so i got really paranoid that the rock i had was volcanic and the place i got it from could never give me a good answer about what it really was so i found some better stuff on cragslist over the weekend. And i have no idea how to aquascape it, so it just looks like a mess for now. Any suggestions?

DSCN2656.jpg

and here are my extremely unhappy mushrooms. Hopefully i can get things sorted out soon for them.

DSCN2660.jpg

Back