Lost my rock blenny

AHill40

reefer head
I bought a rock blenny last week end and three days later I coundnt find him in my tank I thought he might had jumped out ,,, Nope he got ate ,i started moveing rock around to get him out if he was dead and found him half ate up I think one of my damsels were to blame he's a monster about four inces long :sfish:, If he eats any more of the fish i get hes got to go or may be ill buy him a trigger fish :question: what do you all think :twocents:
:grumble: Art.

Eh triggers are nightmares in their own right. That damsel has got to go it sounds like. I've never actually seen anyone keep one long enough to get 4" in size lol. Good luck.

I would get rid of the damsel, the ones I had did not like any fish I put in the tank and ended up killing them. Had a hard time getting them out, they are really fast fish.

Art,The next time your at wal-mart.Get yourself one of those little trout flies and file the barb off the hook.Then catching the basterd will be easy as going fishing.

There is still the chance that the fish died on it's own due to stress, but damsels are known to terrorize new inhabitants. How did you acclimate your new fish?

My LFS has a blue damsel that's easily 6+ inches long. I've seen them in the wild when I've been scuba diving, and watching a domino damsel that's 2 feet long is a real trip.

2 ft cool that would be cool to go subba diving and actualy be in the water world???? some day ill have to do. I accumilated the fish slowly for about 30-45 mins, the blenny seemed to be doing fine started off eating 5 mins after puting him in the tank of course the damsel being %*&$ heads that they are as though some times there cool, started noseing around at him and then a couple of days later didnt see him no more, bummer because blennies are cool to watch,,,

Back