magic cheato

Just remember that you need to replace those bulbs every 3 months, their light out put seriously decreases after that, even if you cant see it

Just remember that you need to replace those bulbs every 3 months, their light out put seriously decreases after that, even if you cant see it

I run my fuge lights 24/7 and have only changed them when they burned out...which takes about 2 years running non-stop. My chaeto growth has not suffered. I question where that info came from.

Maybe it's true. Based on my experience with my magical chaeto that grows so fast that it engulfs everything around it (and even grows out of water when it grows so much that it overflows the top of the fuge), I don't think so...

you working for sylvania.my fuge is lit with a lightbulb i don't even know how old it is
to grow this stuff the the cheaper the bulb the faster it grows

You know, I just received a batch of Bifferwine's Magical Chaeto today...it's friggin' 35 degrees, and it might have arrived yesterday, so it was sitting in my mailbox in 25 degree temp overnight. How the HELL does it survive????? It's dark magic, I tell you!! DARK MAGIC!!! Anyway, off to my nice warm fuge it goes :) THANKS BIFFERS!

You know, I just received a batch of Bifferwine's Magical Chaeto today...it's friggin' 35 degrees, and it might have arrived yesterday, so it was sitting in my mailbox in 25 degree temp overnight. How the HELL does it survive????? It's dark magic, I tell you!! DARK MAGIC!!! Anyway, off to my nice warm fuge it goes :) THANKS BIFFERS!

it was 20 degrees here from she sented to here :D

I just picked up a cheap clip on 8 watt light and it is already growing out of the water. I NEED TO TRIM IT BACK ALREADY! Magic I tell you. Looking to get some coral frags now. Thinking seahorse safe. Any suggestions and/or offers?

leathers, mushrooms, zoas, gorgs, nothing stinging. Also, some frag are seahorse safe but, the constant hitching on them can damage them, so i would stay away from hammers and frogspawn etc for that reason.

I sent five bags of chaeto up to Canada on a "trial run" during winter, to see if they could survive. Some of them took 3 weeks to arrive and were still alive and doing well!

I sent five bags of chaeto up to Canada on a "trial run" during winter, to see if they could survive. Some of them took 3 weeks to arrive and were still alive and doing well!

How ironic they survive that, yet die when we actually try to keep them alive in tanks LOL!!

Back