Mandarin Goby @ 6 months ?

Biff,I guarantee you with the amount of live rock you have...a mandarin that is not eating frozen will live in your system.Get one.

I thought I read it somewhere,can't remember?Something to do with there scales or lack of scales.Maybe they were immune.I had Ich quite a few times and the Mandarins never got it,ever.

tough break. make sure it is eating and you might be OK. Otherwise, it is a funeral

-Doc

Well, whatever (flukes or ich) seems to be clearing up. He's active, and seems to be grazing on the unidentified brown things (biff says they're pods, the LFS says maybe baby snails...). Haven't seen him eat frozen since the previous post, but he's so damn reclusive during feeding time that I can't see what he's doing. I just squirt some of the frozen food back by him and hope for the best.

Thought you'd all enjoy an update - the mandarin is still alive, doesn't appear to be wasting - grazes pretty steadily through the day - and if those little brown critters on the glass are pods (and I suspect they are) that must be what he's eating. There are still plenty of them around (very evident 3 days after glass cleaning) so I think this may work out after all... he is one beautiful animal...

Back