Mandarin Goby @ 6 months ?

Thanks, everybody, for the words of encouragement - a big day in the tank today - a (VERY) good friend bought a huge bubble coral, and we also picked up a sunflower coral (GORGEOUS)... and (most importantly) found the best LFS shop in town. Bought some ArcticPods (everybody loved this - anybody out there have any thoughts about this product)...and a fresh bottle of Tigger pods, which the MG was happy about. I'll get some pics shortly...

A sun coral?Is you crazy!!!!!
All they do is eat and eat,then eat some more.

I haven't tried any store bought pods yet.Its to expensive,I'm sure the Mandarin will enjoy eating them.

By sunflower coral, you mean sun coral? Sun corals are non-photosynthetic and therefore need to be fed by hand daily. Have fun! Freak has a couple, they're his babies.

I've used Arcti-Pods and Tigger Pods. My fish love them.

...and here's a pic of the Goby... along with a pic of the new bubble coral - and a GREAT shot of one of the engineer gobys..
MandarinGobyPlateCoralandTangRS.jpg

bubblecoralfrogspawnblueshroomRS.jpg

GobyflameangelandcoralRS.jpg

Last edited:
great pics. I love the flame angel. those sun corals are a pain and that is why I don't have one. they seem to stay closed up until you feed them, then they close up again.

-Doc

Back