Mantis tank build

It is actually right by my bed lol. And if the fish jumped he would land on me =p

He def got ate by the mantis tho...

Since his molt he hasnt eaten and im getting a lil worried. He has been stayin in his burrow also. =/

Heres some newer pictures.

9d6d3762.jpg

d79b516b.jpg

aaeac041.jpg

58e766a1.jpg

Well he went into seclusion for about 3-4 days before the actual molt. He has passed the molt and has been hiding the past 2-3 days....he doesnt look unhealthy but just inactive. I did water changes on both my tanks today so we'll see how he does tomorrow. He could just be pissed that i messed with his home before his molt idk..hopefully i hear some crackin tomorrow. Ima trap my stupid peps in my reef too and put em in there. I mean i like peps but these guys are bad. I cant feed my corals because they literally rip it out of the corals and mess them up. My acans and my sun corals have damage because of them. They are prolly the most aggessive thing i have in my reef. My CB isnt even aggressive at all.

you could try some hermit crabs also. let him eat when he is good to go. did you ever figure out what kind he is?

From what i know, he still hasnt eaten. He's semi active. I have alot on my plate in my personal life right now but im going to try and make it to a LFS tonight and get a crab. Im also tempted to try raw shrimp if need be.

Thanks for your contined interest, I will keep everyone up to date.

Got woken up this morning at 10:30 am to a bunch a popping sounds. Looked at the tank and the mantis was beating down the decorator crab. Decorator crab actually somehow got a hold of the mantis and it was a battle. Kinda got scared for a second then he bashed off one claw and proceeded to bash the hell outa him for a good 10 min on and off. I couldnt beleive how much the crab could take! But yay for him eating! First time in 2 weeks i think.

crustaceans usually won't eat for a while after a molt.... my land hermits will go weeks without food while molting and after... it has to do with their shell hardening. When they are underwater it takes longer for that process to take place so they probably just ignore everything more :) i'm sure he'll be fine. he'll eat when he's hungry :)

Back