Mc Coskers Flasher Wrasse info?

reeftanker84

Reefing newb
ok so i got 2 mc coskers flasher wrasse,both ended up being males,the larger one started flashing after about an hour of being relieced into the tank,the other kinda just watched,anyone know if the flashing is a dominant behavior? these 2 have never been agressive tward each other,no fighting nothing even remotly agressive looking,could i have a sub male and a dom male? i wonder if i only had males if they would fight if diferant breeds? i posted a vid on my 75 gallon thred of the fish i got

I think you need to pick one male and return him. I think normally what would happen is the submissive male would leave the area of the dominate one, but if he cant leave the stress of the situation could leave him vulnerable to disease and death.

well dont know what happened but smaller wrasse went missing this afternoon,checked everywhere even the floor and no sign of it anywhere,it was doing fine this morning and ate its breakfast,then 2 hours later gone!,so unless its gone and hid in a rock i guess ill presume it dead,im not a happy camper right now,i keep hoping to see it pop up:frustrat::grumble:.

ok i found it just a little while ago,whew,i wonder why its staying hidden? mabey ill take the smaller one back tomarrow before something happens to it lol

took it back today,got some credit for my next purchase,now wondering if i can get a female wrasse for my now lone male

I think you'd be ok adding a female to the tank. Or possibly another male if it were a different type and acclimated differently. I've got 2 male and one female wrasse in my tank and they've been good together for almost 3 months now.

I think you will be fine with another male wrasses of a totally different type, i think the flashers/fairy wrasses would be too close. But you can for sure add a female, and i would suggest it. My research of them has shown that they actually do better in a harem of one male and a couple or so females.

well mabey ill add a couple girls for him to play with,i know they havent been great for spawning in a tank but i wouldnt mind trying to get them to spawn,i realise they dont lay eggs on rocks like the clowns do but i wonder if they might spawn in my 30 gallon if it were just them with some live rock

I dont think they will spawn, are raising the fry is extremely difficult, but they will display courting behavior which is very cool

Back