Mean Maroons

chichimom79

reef junkie
Just thought I would let you all laugh at what happened while I was doing a water change/cleaning/rearranging the tank. The clowns have been starting to charge me. Well, I was paying attention to what I was doing with the rock I was moving and they both charged me and bit me. I dropped the rock (not very far. It didn't hurt anything, thank goodness) jerked my hand out of the water, splashing everywhere. I yelled, "Damn fish!"
My daughter had just laid down to bed and I hear her yell, "Why are you yelling at the fish, Mom?!?"
Then it struck me how hilarious that must have looked.
Yep, they're biters.....:grumble:

Hate Maroons. They are by far the most aggressive of the clowns. I had a breeding pair of Gold Bar Maroons. Every time I put my hand in the tank, the female would bite me. She actually drew blood on more than one occasion.

That darn Buttercup! First biting the tube off the nassy and now biting you! I'm glad you are okay, but yes I can imagine your daughter wondering about that!

My starry blenny will bite when I first stick my fingers in the tank, i think he gets really excited and thinks that its time to eat. When realizing im not food, he goes and sits in the corner.

The clowns though, will attack as long as my hands are in the water. I have found that if i wear a shiny ring, they will go after the ring and not my flesh.

mine bite me all the time also..at first it was only when I got near the nems now it is anywhere I put my hand in...

thats funny you all got meany ass fishes. that is definitely the reason i am not getting a maroon. that is a funny story. i'm jumpy like that too with spiders so i better watch out.

My dad had a pair of either Percula or false Perculas when I was growing up. "Molly Hatchet" used to end up on the carpet every once and a while due to her refusal to let go.

(We'd just stick her back in and she would be ready to terrorize him the next day.)

Back