Melonbobs predator build!!!

nice eel!! i would vote for a red coris wrasse.... but i think an adult would be a little large for the tank. juv would be awesome though. you would just need a plan for the future since they require a min of 75 gal

how many fish can I do when we are talking these sizes in a 50g? I figured I'd be overdoing it with the clown, eel and a radiata lionfish?

sweet eel! Love the pics. Your radiata will look great in there as well. Just a thought, big livestock like sharks and eels don't get measured from nose to tail for bioload measurement. Go with tip of nose to butt. I would count a 12 in eel as 7 inches or so. You can add your lionfish in a few weeks. Good luck keep the pics coming!!!

OK, I picked up some background finally, it really makes a difference hiding the skimmer and all. It also helps with pics, so here are a few better ones finally!

predatortank008.jpg

predatortank016.jpg

Anyone know what this is? It hitchhiked with some other coral I bought

predatortank018.jpg

predatortank019.jpg

predatortank020.jpg

predatortank023.jpg

predatortank026.jpg

predatortank029.jpg

predatortank035.jpg

predatortank043.jpg

predatortank052.jpg

Dude,that snow flake looks great.Hell the whole tank looks awesome.
That hitch hiker looks like a kenya weed to me.(if thats what your calling a hitch hiker)You might want to watch it.Those thing are worse than aiptasia when it comes to taking your reef over.

naw, the eel don't creep me out anymore, I had my hand in there vaccuming the other day and he just goes and hides.....

speaking of aiptasia, I have two, one buried in my green polyps, and one buried in my orange polyps. How do you nuke one of these when they are buried in a patch of coral?

first of all... Great pics. I love that eel on the powerhead as well. As for the aptasia, two routes... One is to shut off all current in the tank and gently shoot in some joe's juice directly on the head and hope to minimize exposure to desireable coral. Or, take the rocks out and put them into your other tank with peppermint shrimp til they are eaten. Myself, I would risk the juice. :-)

-Doc

I am so glad you got an eel and boy did you get a big one. That picture of the two maroons in the cave is great. It is also somewhat creepy. They look like piranas ready to attack.

Back