MikMcgyver's 125 Build

The Makitas are pretty decent with the Lithium Ion batteries. Really lightweight. I use one at work for putting up in-cieling speakers. That 18v DeWalt gets heavy really fast...

congratulations on your tank - the stand looks awsome.... looking forward to the rest of this thread as you put it all together.... Not quite as good as being able to do it yourself, but pretty close :-)

Only prob is not even half the torque of the 18v dewalt..

More pics
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

All Done here... Looks like it did before I started. Wife asked what I did all day. Showed her the back and she was suprised. This thing will hold a frickin baby elephant...The only functional drawer is the center one. Its ok, the others were junk drawers anyways.. All 3 doors open and close. Decent access to all areas I need... Plus the back is wide open anyways..

Am getting my sump tommorrow, will toss it in, move it back into the house and start shopping for pumps and my skimmer... Tank will be here in a few days...

Thats one good looking stand.It looks so much better than my AGA modern oak stand.

I like tank build threads so keep posting.BTW,welcome to the big tank club.

that's a really nice stand. much better looking than the cheap made particle board stands that they sell for a arm and a leg.
i love build threads too. keep the pic's coming for every little step made. and i'll be here panting and waiting to see them.

Its here!!!!!
P1000050.jpg

P1000049.jpg

P1000048.jpg

The sump and a few parts...

P1000054.jpg

P1000053.jpg

P1000051.jpg

The twin mighty Rio HF20's...
P1000052.jpg

The plumbing will start tommorrow, I am tired, going to bed now...

Nice looking stuff! Let us know what you think of those Rio HF's. I used to have a 17, but got rid of it and used an Eheim instead because I found the Rio way too noisy.

My LFS uses them on one of his 150 displays,cant even hear the pumps on. So I thought I would give em a try. Didnt wanna do a magdrive because of the noise...

Back