MikMcgyver's 125 Build

20 feet of vinyl tubing.......Time to cut it up a bit. This is being used for all my return lines.

P1000140.jpg

P1000152.jpg

The twins, Rio HF20's feed the 4 returns..

P1000168.jpg

The drain and returns plumbed

P1000156.jpg

Sump assembled
P1000161.jpg

P1000162.jpg

P1000165.jpg

Sump from front and back....

More pics are uploading...

I have pretty much everything cept the 2 bulkheads for the left and right sides and my lighting...more pics coming up:

P1000170.jpg

Far left side, will have battery back ups for the skimmer, and 2 pumps, think it is a 8 hour rated one...
P1000169.jpg

Right side, will have rest of electrical, light timer, also top off bottle. Will most likely mod one of the caps on these jugs and change them out when they get empty, will toss a pump and a bit of tubing. Will take some pics when I build it..

P1000178.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000180.jpg

Couple of extra pieces of tubing made good cord organisers.....

More to follow tommorrow...

MIKE

No real room for a refugium but will do that on my new, bigger system, a year or so off.... I wanna move to a bigger house so I can build a tank in.. Thats just a dream at this stage..

I cant believe i havn't commented on this yet !
sorry for the delay man ,

The system is moving along nicly. Great idea on using the Tubing for wire keepers.

cant wait to see it with Water, have you picked a light yet ?

Here is with the sock in it, forgot to put it in, was holding all my spare parts...
P1000194.jpg

Still tossing a few lights around... Will know by weeks end....

Last edited:
As soon as I figure out what lights I will be getting, the tank will be stocked with LR, LS and water... Gettin close...

Looks great Mike.
Keep me posted on how you like that sock too.
Give that light Reef mentioned some serious thought.Dont think you'd go wrong there.

I e-mailed my LFS guy and hes lookin into it for me. If he cant get that brand, he will find an equivalent... He hooks me up pretty good. Since I did his Home Theater con gratis...... Once water is flowing and fairly clear I will fill the sock with filter floss. If its too splashy I will as a small piece of tubing under and drop it straight into the floss...

Last edited:
Back